Bogota Rocks

NVC Checklist - Household Size

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called the NVC today and they informed me that I have two checklists related to household size, one on my own i864 and one on my monther's (she's joint sponsor).

Stupidly, I didn't make a copy of a my filled-out i864, so I don't know what I put there and the NVC couldn't tell me. But I am sponsoring my wife's visa, and we have a child together who is a US citizen. I was well aware of the fact that I didn't need to put my wife twice (so I didn't put her again in the spousal box, since I had already put her in the box from section 3), so the household size at the end would be 3. I simply can't fathom how I would have put anything else, though I am not sure. But the correct answer for my family would be three, correct? (Me, my wife and our child).

In the joint sponsor's case, my mother put down a household of two (her and my father), but didn't include my wife (the immigrant she is joint sponsoring) in the final tally for the household size. Should she include my wife as part of her household simply because she is sponsoring her, even though my wife is never going to actually live with her? That would mean she puts a household size of three and not two.

Thanks in advance, I think this section of the I864 could be written a lot more clearly.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

In the joint sponsor's case, my mother put down a household of two (her and my father), but didn't include my wife (the immigrant she is joint sponsoring) in the final tally for the household size. Should she include my wife as part of her household simply because she is sponsoring her, even though my wife is never going to actually live with her? That would mean she puts a household size of three and not two.

I don't know about your first check list, when they will email or mail you with specific question it will become clear. However: Your mother have to put 3 on total household size (based on your description). After immigrating, it does not matter whether your wife lives with them or not, your mother will be responsible for all financial charges (in case your wife becomes public charge) for next 10 years or until your wife becomes citizen.

Another thing, do not put any place blank, instead put "0".

• 8 months later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Even where the child is over 21yrs and working wouldn't the child be included in household size because they're a relative living with you?

(Your household size includes you, your dependents, any relatives living with you, and the immigrants you are sponsoring.)

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi my question is my fiance is in the usa and she lives with her step dad her two children and her two uncles and her stepdad has them as other dependent's on his tax returns but both my fiance and her uncles receive their own income from the state and not dependent on her step dads income now my question is are they counted on the household size or would t be just me and her stepdad when filing the i864 cause me and my fiance are confused how to calculate the household size

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.