mark-n-daisy

Outside country security clearance

27 posts in this topic

What questions would I expect them to ask her mother I don't follow you? Her mother was the k1 and lives in California. She divorced from her American husband which left all of the k2 children (3 in total) without a way to adjust status so they returned to Phils. My fiancée was 21 at the time (30 now). Let me know what to expect. I will be there for the interview in Manila with her.

The questions asked would be centered around why the K2's were never AOS'd. Your answer maybe simple but anticipate any and all questions that a CO would asked. That would be one that I would asked.

I sat in the USEM during my wife's interview and I overheard a CO interview a young girl (20 something) who was trying to get through an interview for her and her sisters son. The interview did not go well. The CO is trained to uncover the littlest of inconsistencies during the interview. She nailed this girl in less than 3 min and disallowed the visa for both her and the son of the sister. She was trying to pass off the son as her own. I am not sure, but I bet that they are facing a lifetime ban to the US.

So, having said that, your fiancé should be prepared for this type of questioning and if she can answer to the CO's satisfaction, then no problem, visa is on the way.

I can't comment any further because I don't know the entire story but it is incumbent on you to be sure to get the entire story and be sure she is confident that she can convey it to the CO with confidence. The visa is hers to lose.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What questions would I expect them to ask her mother I don't follow you? Her mother was the k1 and lives in California. She divorced from her American husband which left all of the k2 children (3 in total) without a way to adjust status so they returned to Phils. My fiancée was 21 at the time (30 now). Let me know what to expect. I will be there for the interview in Manila with her.

I believe there is a question on the DS-160 about previous visas, answering that should handle that easily. The CO might ask about the past K2 visa but the answer is simple - exactly what was stated in your posting here on VJ, do not stress on this as I seriously doubt the CO will even touch on it as that information is all available to him on his computer - they have access to past visa data.

You being at the interview is a big plus. And I will add it is a way cool experience, I totally enjoyed when I was there with my wife. During my wife's interview they asked me more questions than her, it was a great experience for sure. :thumbs:

You will be fine ;)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi brett just tell her to relax and just answer the CO questions truthfully, plus with you present it really does make things easier, remember have all of your tax documents ready too and you will be fine good luck on your journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I have a similar issue but different country. My fiance worked in Kuwait for 2 yrs. She went to Kuwait Embassy in the Philippines to file a request for COC, but they refused her request. They needed her old passport, unfortunately it was lost during a devastating typhoon in Manila years ago. She has a new passport now. What should we do? ?

Hi guys! I have a similar issue but different country. My fiance worked in Kuwait for 2 yrs. She went to Kuwait Embassy in the Philippines to file a request for COC, but they refused her request. They needed her old passport, unfortunately it was lost during a devastating typhoon in Manila years ago. She has a new passport now. What should we do? ?

If she is not in country (Kuwait) she can not get a PC. Therefore one is not required at her interview. See required documents from reciprocal country's here.

Police Records

Available only to applicants residing in Kuwait. A police clearance certificate is required for U.S. immigrant visa applicants age 18 and over who reside, or have resided, in Kuwait for 6 months or more.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Greenbaum!The thing is she sent an email to USEM before attempting to file for COC at the Kuwaiti Embassy in Manila. She was told it is a requirement to have a COC from Kuwait. Hoping they would not require it during her interview since there's no way to get it without her old passport that has the Visa stamp on it.

USEM will not require someone to travel to another country to get a COC if that is the other country's rule/law/guideline/requirement. I don't know why someone at USEM would give her that information, that COC is needed from Kuwait, when Kuwait is on the exception list. Speculations says they never looked up the requirement and just gave the standard reply "you need a PC".

It's been our experience that USEM has a list of countries that are known not to give PC in or out of country. Here is the page that explains that you are not required to present from Kuwait for your interview. Make a copy and bring to the interview. I don't think this will be an issue.

http://usvisa.com/policecertificates.shtml

You could email USEM and inquire and bring the email that is responded to with you to show the CO during the interview.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kuwait is a waiver country you do not need to get a Police Clearance for there (as it can only be applied for from within Kuwait)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.