jonnydreamer

Question about my affivdavit of support.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay so me and my fiancée are about to have our interview in 2 weeks. Well shes going. Anyhow im comfortable about everything but just alittle uncomfortable about my affivdavit of support so here are the details.

Last year I made about 14,550 dollars. Acording to my tax returns. I also have 15,000 dollars saved in my bank account in assets. Now the reason why I only have 14,550 made was because as you can clearly see by all of our evidence I was living in the Philippines with my fiancée for the first 6 months of 2014 not working but living on my savings. Now also I sent 6 of my most recent pay stubs and wrote a note that noted if you notice I made 14,000+ dollars in the first 6 months of the year 2015 so if you would multiply that by 2 you would see I am going to be making around 28,000 dollars this year. As well as a letter from my employer explaining my position as a fulltime employee and concerning my salary. So my question is do you think this would be enough. Because I cant find a cosponsor as both my parents are unemployed at the moment and finding one out side of that would be a challenge for me. I mean honestly my evidence is thick that I am well above the 125% poverty level including my evidence that I was living in the Philippines for 6 months last year. On top of my 15,000 in assets. I would just hate that the fact that I was living with my fiancée for 6 months to be the reason why my fiancée gets denied. Reguardless of the fact that my assets are pretty good and all my paystubs point to the fact that I would be making around 28,000 this year.

So what do you guys think. They gonna let us get by in the face of our astounding evidence or they just gonna take a dump on us because my tax returns say 14,550 when obviously I was with my fiancée in 2014?

Timeline

Well i am also seeing that the embassy in manila is looking for just 100% so ontop of my assets i should be good to go. But maybe ill have to wait tell like November to bring my fiancée in so that i can use my tax returns from 2015 to meet the 125% for AOS.

Timeline

I don't know. Perhaps the decision will depend upon the interviewer. The letter from the employer will be very helpful. I think the more information you have, the better will be your chances. Perhaps it may depend upon additional factors, such as, savings in the bank, credit report, current assetts, insurance policy, if fiance has work experience/income, etc...

Edited by Lee 23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you need to start looking for a co-sponsor, as they will ask for 2 previous tax returns (they sure did for my petition). Sounds like you will have not enough on 2014, and not sure about 2013. If I were an officer making a decision - unfortunately it would not be in your favor.

You should be fine. The U.S. Embassy Manila gives a lot of weight to current sustained income. Your recent pay stubs show that your are on track to exceed 125% of the poverty level.

If you are still worried about it, I would suggest that you attend the interview. I believe it can help.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well good news. We got approved :).

Thanks for the help guys. I guess the moral of the story is, you give it 100% be honost and do your best and ull be able to make it, Im 25 and my fiancée is 23 so we did it at that age. and also from what Altair said I learned. Its not very easy dealing with the US embassy in Russia. hahaha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.