photomanfrank

Divorce Speedup in Uzbekistan

10 posts in this topic

My Fiance is from Uzbekistan. She has been separated for over 2 years. But her ex-husband still harasses her on a daily basis with emails and phonecalls. She is Russian (born of Russian parents in Uzbekistan) not moslem but her ex-husband is moslem. She had her court date on June 14th but the local moslem based court has the authority to postpone the decree even if there is no contest I understand from 6-9 months. In June at the hearing they did this. She has said that the divorce will be final in September based on some ruling from an authority coming from Moscow since she had attorneys in Tashkent file the initial request but I don't quite understand. Is there anything that can be done to hasten her final divorce papers. I can't start the Fiancée Visa process until she has the final papers. We have been corresponding for 6 months and have recently met for two weeks in Japan and we will get married. She is back in Tashkent. What can I do? I believe she is in danger. Her ex-husband has threatened to have acid thrown in her face. All this government bureaucracy is driving us crazy. Can you do anything to hasten the process without getting her into trouble? I will pay is there is something you think you can do.

Desperate,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

This isn't an immigration issue but perhaps someone in the local forums could help you out.

Actually it is, because he needs the divorce decree in order to move forward in the immigration process.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

I mean speeding up the divorce in and of itself isn't.

Why not? The sooner she gets divorced, the sooner they can be completely ready.

Baby what we have"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Why not? The sooner she gets divorced, the sooner they can be completely ready.

It's a family law issue, nothing to do with immigration hence saying it's not an immigration issue. One would be better off asking on a forum for divorce. As I previously mentioned perhaps the local area board on visajourney could be of

Help.

Timeline

It's a family law issue, nothing to do with immigration hence saying it's not an immigration issue. One would be better off asking on a forum for divorce. As I previously mentioned perhaps the local area board on visajourney could be of

Help.

Gosh, isn't that why people are here, in order to help others? God forbid, he posts in the wrong sub section.

Baby what we have"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Gosh, isn't that why people are here, in order to help others? God forbid, he posts in the wrong sub section.

Perhaps OP doesn't know about that subsection which is why it was suggested. No need to derail the entire thread.

Timeline

Perhaps OP doesn't know about that subsection which is why it was suggested. No need to derail the entire thread.

Or maybe where he posted could reach a broader audience, in turn getting a variety of responses. I think posting here is better because I'm sure divorce is a large issue for people trying to obtain visas.

Baby what we have"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing Our Members to Europe & Eurasia Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about divorce proceedings in Uzbekistan, the regional forum is likely a better forum for getting appropriate answers of this posting rather than in an introduction forum~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.