eando

Paris consulate - what letter do they mean for the appointment?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

After I scheduled my appointment I got this message on the confirmation page :

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter you received from the Consular Section.

Does anybody know what letter they are referring to ?

Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

NVC sends your package&case to Paris consulate. After Paris consulate receives it and is ready for your case, the consulate will send you a letter for further instruction. That is the one. Don't lose it.

K1 VISA

06/14/2014 I-129F sent       06/16/2014 Noa1         10/14/2014 Noa2        11/07/2014 Package3         12/08/2014 embassy interview / approved!!        12/10/2014 Visa in hand

AOS

12/31/2014 I-485/I-765/I-131 sent        01/06/2015 Noa1        01/30/2015 Biometrics        02/27/2015 AP&EAD approved       07/20/2015 interview(approved on the spot!)

ROC

4/26/2017 I-751 sent        5/12/2017 Noa1       10/15/2018 interview (combo)

Citizenship

4/22/2018 N-400 sent      4/23/2018 Noa1        10/15/2018 interview (combo)+Oath ceremony! 

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

thank you for you answer. I think we have the letter you're referring to but I'm not sure because we think a letter was lost in the mail, so below is more detail of our story and what we're trying to find out:

I got what, I think, they call Packet 3 Fiancé from the consulate saying :

INTERVIEW PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS

FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

Congratulations! Your initial application processing at U.S. embassy. Paris has been completed. Please follow the instruction below to continue your application process.

After that the different steps to follow and listed, then in step 3 it says:

STEP THREE: As soon as you obtain all required documents that apply to your case, carefully read form DS-2001 : Notification of Application Readiness. Sign form DS-2001 and mail it to the adress at the top of this form. You will receive instructions on payment and scheduling an interview once the form DS-2001 is signed and returned to our office.

So we followed instructions- the online application completed and DS-2001 sent. More than a month went by without receiving any letter with instructions to pay and schedule the interview and medical exam so we wrote to the embassy and called NVC asking if we missed something. NVC said that our file was ready and we could make our appointment but since we never got the letter they put in a request for the embassy to resend it by email. The embassy finally responded to our email too telling us to make the appointment but in their email it was worded as such:

"follow the instructions as per our packet 3:

STEP THREE: Visit www.usvisa-info.com by selecting “Immigrant Visa Applicantsthen “I am a K visa” to pay the related fees and to schedule your interview at the US Embassy in Paris only on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at 1.00pm. Please note! Scheduling an appointment before you have your required documents will not expedite the process. Please ensure you have met the requirements in Step Two before registering for an appointment."

Ok, so the Packet 3 we have and the Packet 3 the embassy quoted in the email they sent us are two different documents. So the question is- is the packet 3 we received sufficient for our interview or do we need to get a hold of the letter that never showed up? Our appointment is next week and so far the embassy has not resent the missing letter by email.

Thanks again, we are kind of lost here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.