breyandtthew

What to do, what to do? Please advise

3 posts in this topic

What to do? I walked in for my fingerprints last week, on the 8th, original schedule is July 15th, then in line for interview on the 9th..then today, scheduled for interview.. I am not eligible to become a citizen, or that my 3 yrs mark is not until september 12.. I know for sure im within the 90 days, because I used the calculator and added 1 day to it, and thats when I sent it out / or postmarked as at 89 days..I dont have the letter yet, but its a good chance it'll be set before my 3 yrs mark.. too fast too soon, I wanna be happy... but? what do i do if indeed its before my 3 yrs mark?? Anybody experienced this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What to do? I walked in for my fingerprints last week, on the 8th, original schedule is July 15th, then in line for interview on the 9th..then today, scheduled for interview.. I am not eligible to become a citizen, or that my 3 yrs mark is not until september 12.. I know for sure im within the 90 days, because I used the calculator and added 1 day to it, and thats when I sent it out / or postmarked as at 89 days..I dont have the letter yet, but its a good chance it'll be set before my 3 yrs mark.. too fast too soon, I wanna be happy... but? what do i do if indeed its before my 3 yrs mark?? Anybody experienced this?

Depends on office policy. They will:

-Send you a rescheduled interview letter before your interview.

or

-Send you home on the day of your interview (either with a new interview letter or a promise to send one)

or

-Interview you and hold off on a final decision until your anniversary has passed

or

-Interview you and approve you, but hold off on scheduling your oath ceremony until your anniversary has passed

No need to do anything unless you get your oath before your anniversary... that would be something to worry about. For now, just go to your interview.

Regarding your early filing... most offices go by the day it arrives in their office. Some go by the postmark date and some go by the date of the NOA... you probably have nothing to worry about in this case, but in general, there's no reason to cut it so close. If there's an early filing issue, (by 1 day), you'll find out at your interview... but I think that it's unlikely that there'll be a problem.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

oh definitely no issue on early filing, atleast I hope so.. I used the early filing calculator in uscis.gov, and posted it here, and somebody responded with the same eligibility date i came up with which was june 14th.. I signed everything on june 15th, and sent it out on the same day, and was received the 17th (priority date), it was close, but definitely within.. I took pictures of my file too, and what date I signed it, and screenshot the tracking when it was received at the post office here and there in Nebraska..so i guess I have all the proof i need in case that ever comes up as a problem..postmark date, signature date, priority date - all after June 14th..

Im happy that its moving along, but worried till the day comes I guess..Maybe they'll reschedule it, I dont know.. Unless they do, I suppose I'll go by the scheduled date and can only go from there..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.