Viky

Co-sponsor question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We are still waiting for the NOA2...... so in the mean time I wonder if I'm going to the interview and they find that my fiance income is not enough (even it is just a little more than the poverty limit) can we get on that point a co-sponsor? Will it be a big delay in the proces?

Why not arrange one (a co-sponsor) as a standby if its gonna be a close call?

Have them fill out the forms etc and bring them along - then if you don't need them you can return them to the co-sponsor to destroy (for their peace of mind) but if you NEED them you have them right there with you and no delays. :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Hi Viky

The I-134 is only one thing that a Conof will look at in determining if the applicant will or wont become a public charge. If your fiance meets the poverty guidelines there is other things one can do to overcome the public charge issue. Have a read of the I-134 - Brief details of Requirements which is pinned in the Foreign Embassy Forum.

Below is taken from a US Embassy website and looks at other ways one can Overcome the Public Charge.

While an applicant for a fiancé(e) visa is not required to file an affidavit of support (I-134), it is nevertheless useful in proving the applicant is not likely to become a public charge. The Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge

Continued here

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you for trying to help me but...........

Please...... I need a straight answer maybe from someone who had a situation like that or heared about that.

Does it matter that my fiance has his father partially dependent upon him?

Is your fiance the US Citizen? If so then yes, it matters very much that he has someone dependent on him because he will need to prove he makes enough money to support you and his father (and anyone else dependent on him). I'm sure it matters as well if he is the foreign fiance but I can't tell you in what capacity (someone else will surely help me out here!).

I know you want a straight answer but the straight answer really is if you know you might need a cosponsor you should line one up beforehand. I have read in other threads that yes, people were allowed to bring in a cosponsor if they were denied on monetary grounds, and yes it will obviously delay you because you have to find a cosponsor and get all of their information, etc, but why not avoid all of this and just have their forms on hand at your interview in case they are needed?

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I currently have an excellent paying job but have only had it 6 months. Before that, I had no income for the past 3 years because I was going to school full-time. Technically, I would not need a co-sponsor as long as I can provide a statement from my bank, my employer, and my current tax returns. However, to avoid any possible delay, I will have a co-sponsor also. This way, if they decide I have inadequate proof of my financial stability, I already have the co-sponsor papers prepared to submit. I think this is one of those cases where too much is better.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.