sgb77

Help putting the K1 Packet together

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I am in the middle of putting together, but I am a little confused on what needs to go in the packet to send via DHL and what I need to bring to the interview myself.

I have completed the DS-160 form, and my fiance is making an appointment to schedule the Dr appointment, which at that time they will give her something to include in the packet I am assuming?

The reason I'm asking is because there seem to bee conflicting information from this form

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guayaquil/231771/PDFs/WEB%20PK4%20Visas%20K%20_May%202015__002.pdf

which lists the affidavid of support and evidence of relationship.

and this form does not list these items in step 3.1

https://prezi.com/gc9qnxdfnt0p/step-by-step-k1-visa-process/

If required, does she have to include the originals income tax report (1040) and W-2(s), pay stubs, or can they be copies?

Do I need to include the evidence of relationship, can it be the same that I sent with my I-129F petition? It states in the one form to "bring evidence with you ....", but I could be misinterpreting.

Thanks for all your help in this paperwork jungle :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Mexico/Latin/South America regional forum to the K-1 Process forum. ***

[Moderator hat off]

Because you'll be dealing with Guayaquil, front-load the 1-129F petition package with all the solid evidence of "bona fide relationship" that you want the consul to see. (USCIS will not care about this material but will pass it to the consulate upon petition approval.) Pick everything possible to convince a highly skeptical "human lie-detector" that you have a bona fide relationship.

Consuls can refuse to consider or even accept material that's brought to the visa interview (as happened with us and many others in Guayaquil), but they cannot refuse to acknowledge material that they know USCIS has seen.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Can anybody pleaseee, tell me what I need to send in the package? See below

Also, do all documents need to be originals or copies? See below. Especially the passport, birth certificate, W2 form??See below.

:help:

It sounds like you are getting confused. To assist you, :guides:, the K1 Guide and the K1 Flowchart, both easily accessible at the top of the forum page: http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Listen to T-BoneTX, he has been through the process in Guayaquil. :thumbs: "Front load" your initial I-129F petition with as much relationship evidence as you can. As mentioned in the I-129F petition and I-134 instructions:

Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, a legible photocopy may be submitted. Original documents submitted when not required may remain a part of the record, and will not be automatically returned to you.

In the petition phase sent to USCIS, the letters of intent and the Form G-325A (one from each of you) need to be original (not copy) with a "wet" signature. The rest at this point can be copies. as mentioned above.

At the embassy interview phase, follow the instructions from the embassy. This where you will need an original (not copy) Form I-134 with a "wet" signature. Any statements or letters should be original. Have all of the original hand-written documents/certs. as described in the "state.gov" link you provided. Make good quality color photocopies of those documents/certs. If possible ask the CO to inspect and compare the originals to your copies and you can try to ask for return of the originals, and they keep the copies for their files.

Though, it is a different tough consulate that we had to go through, that is what we successfully did in Guangzhou. For the passports, a copy of every page, front and back of every birth cert, etc. Your other options for the important certs. is to have additional ones prepared, or you can later try to get them back following this link: http://www.uscis.gov/g-884 (not sure how well or prompt this procedure is). Your best bet is the very first mentioned.

It is important for you to carefully read and heed all of the instructions and guides from all of those sources. Take some time to review them, many of your questions will be answered. Finally, as mentioned in the Guides, be sure to make a complete copy of your entire package, loss of packages have been known to happen.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.