joseph2015

can I enter the US while I'm on administrative processing I'm a canadian citizen (merged)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there!

Every time I email them it's always an automated answer i receive. It starts getting very frustrating i have been waiting since febuary now we are on August.

Hi joseph2015!

Same thing for me. I sent them 3 emails, on all of them got same response, (was like copy and paste). I also contacted my congressman And this was the answer from the Consulate: (by the way, this was Aug 10, Still No answer) It's Very frustrating!! :(

Hello,

Thank you for your message to the Congressional e-mail box of the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

Due to the high volume of messages, we appreciate your patience as we respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. Please do not send multiple messages regarding the same case, as this may create further delays in response.

We appreciate your patience as we research an answer to your inquiry. If you have an urgent request that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact the Consular Correspondence Unit.

We look forward to serving you and your constituents.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consulate General

Montréal, Canada

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

good morning

well, i was traveling with a musical group and i was denied entry to the US today at the border, i have been placed on administrative processing since febuary after my i601 and i212 have been approved, until now i have no answer, i already travel to the US with my family but today i was denied entry and the officer told me i have to wait for my immigrant visa to be issued before i can travel to the US. Anybody in the same siuation??? will this affect my IV application????

thanks for responding

Timeline

good morning

well, i was traveling with a musical group and i was denied entry to the US today at the border, i have been placed on administrative processing since febuary after my i601 and i212 have been approved, until now i have no answer, i already travel to the US with my family but today i was denied entry and the officer told me i have to wait for my immigrant visa to be issued before i can travel to the US. Anybody in the same siuation??? will this affect my IV application????

thanks for responding

Hi joseph:

So sorry about this. I remember I mentioned to you that same thing happened to my husband after the interview, the officer told him to wait until the embassy makes a decision, till then nothing we can do.

We have been waiting in AP, 4 month and 10 days

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi there!

just a little update, I asked my lawyer to contact the montreal consulate, last week he did so, they reply right away asking him to send a copy of my waiver approval. this morning they send me a letter to invite me to an interview. My concern is they don't even ask me to bring my passport or any thing. Anybody in similar situation?? or have experienced this??? thanks for your answers

Timeline

Hi Joseph!!

Hopefully this will be the end of your AP!! When is the new interview? My husband's case remains under AP. (So far 5 months). I have emailed them a couple of times and Also the congressman but answer has been the automatic message with blah! blah! blah!
Wish you the best!!! Please keep me posted

Timeline

Hi

The interview is set for Monday October 19th. But my only concern is they don't ask me to bring my passport.

i believe you should bring your passport regardless because you cant get in to the embassy with out it.

Timeline

Hi joseph!

just to wish you good luck next monday. as ahadu has said you will need your passport any ways to enter the consulate. I hope you'll came out with the welcome letter.
please post about the interview as soon as you get a chance. I'll be pending and praying for you.
Have a good weekend!

Timeline

Hi there!

everything went well at the interview yesterday. but there is a problem, it looks like someone used my picture on a visa application with a different name from Bahamas and i don't who did that. so they tell me they will investigate more, it will take a while, they say they may call me for another interview .

Timeline

Hi there!

everything went well at the interview yesterday. but there is a problem, it looks like someone used my picture on a visa application with a different name from Bahamas and i don't who did that. so they tell me they will investigate more, it will take a while, they say they may call me for another interview .

Hey Joseph:

wow!! Sorry about the picture situation, another interview and more waiting... :wow:

can you come to US while waiting?... Hope the investigation will finish soon. this waiting is a real nightmare.

Timeline

I think I will not be able to enter no more since I was denied entry couple weeks ago and I was told that I have to wait forl the visa before i can enter. so they're going to probe more on this I they don't find anything more I think they will put the stamp. in the meantime i already inform my lawyer about this . so now I'm just waiting for the final answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.