816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Decided to check the USCIS website and saw that our case got approved on 8/27!! Had NOA1 electronic notification on 7/30, so a turnaround of less than 30 days. Now eagerly waiting for the hard copy notice. :D

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am expecting an RFE for my Fiancé 's divorce decree too. We only have 1 page of FL 180 and the Marital agreement. The thing is that's all get got! So we need to get a certificatied true copy from the courthouse.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure which forms and support documents to send for the US Embassy in Manila so I sent both i-134 and i-864 to my fiance.

My parents are my co-sponsors. I'm still listed under their tax forms because I was a full time student until March 2015.

So we sent both of my parents pay stubs, employer letters, Photocopies of their passports and drivers liscence ( to show we all have the same address), i even sent a copy of my moms naturlization certificate and my dads BC,.

i sent tax forms 1040 and their W2's, from 2012-2014. Im listed on all three years since Im 22 and was a fulltime nursing student for 5 years.

even though my parents meet the income requirements alone, we still included the mortgages for both houses and bank statements.

my mom also put her retirement funds.

I only have a couple hundred dollars in the bank and in bonds so I put a photocopy of my college fund. I still have about 50,000$ left so enough perhaps for a masters in nursing.

:wub:E&L :wub:

Met: October 2010

Courting Started: July 2011

Officially Together: April 8, 2014

Lived Together: October 2014

Engaged: March 22, 2015

Lesli back to USA: June 2015

Wedding Date: November 8, 2015

Baby Girl Due: November 15, 2015 ! :star:

Petition Filed: July 20, 2015

NOA1: July 24, 2015

NOA2: August 11, 2015

Timeline

Hi guys i have a problem, if anyone can help me figure this out here. as i was scheduling my interview date the system keeps on refreshing so when i've checked my appointment schedule it was scheduled 3x with the same time and date. So i cancelled it, and now i'm having a problem with scheduling because the system doesn't accept or recognize my mrv receipt? Will i be able to schedule again or do i need to pay the visa fee again and wait for 90 days? Pls help me frown emoticon thank you

Timeline

just got our NOA2 hardcopy from the mail today :joy:

4 days after the NOA2 notice date

Hi guys i have a problem, if anyone can help me figure this out here. as i was scheduling my interview date the system keeps on refreshing so when i've checked my appointment schedule it was scheduled 3x with the same time and date. So i cancelled it, and now i'm having a problem with scheduling because the system doesn't accept or recognize my mrv receipt? Will i be able to schedule again or do i need to pay the visa fee again and wait for 90 days? Pls help me frown emoticon thank you

you can only reschedule twice with your receipt. you may want to call nvc about it and explain regarding the technical issues you had that is why you made 3 appointments

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure which forms and support documents to send for the US Embassy in Manila so I sent both i-134 and i-864 to my fiance.

My parents are my co-sponsors. I'm still listed under their tax forms because I was a full time student until March 2015.

So we sent both of my parents pay stubs, employer letters, Photocopies of their passports and drivers liscence ( to show we all have the same address), i even sent a copy of my moms naturlization certificate and my dads BC,.

i sent tax forms 1040 and their W2's, from 2012-2014. Im listed on all three years since Im 22 and was a fulltime nursing student for 5 years.

even though my parents meet the income requirements alone, we still included the mortgages for both houses and bank statements.

my mom also put her retirement funds.

I only have a couple hundred dollars in the bank and in bonds so I put a photocopy of my college fund. I still have about 50,000$ left so enough perhaps for a masters in nursing.

Which visa are you chasing because your profile shows K-1 but you have already aged out of that visa since you are now older than 21. So I am confused of what you are trying to do. Once I know that help can be forthcoming.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Call the US Embassy Manila to reschedule. It's best to stop now before you do more damage.

Call Center Hours And Contact Information

The Embassy’s call center numbers for information and appointment scheduling are: (02) 976-8500(02) 976-8500 to 02. For calls from mainland or continental United States, dial (703) 520-2235(703) 520-2235. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, Monday through Friday.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Which visa are you chasing because your profile shows K-1 but you have already aged out of that visa since you are now older than 21. So I am confused of what you are trying to do. Once I know that help can be forthcoming.

I'm the petitioner for the fiance visa. Im the natural born US citizen.

My dad says that he's allowed to put me as a dependent on their tax forms because although I'm over 21, I was a full time college student until March 2015.

I am also unemployed because I'm not allowed to work while pregnant because it causes me to have

really bad asthma, like four asthma attacks a day and medicine doesnt really work for me. But its only during pregnancy so if I survive labor, I should have my RN license by then and I can work just fine.

I've also never been employed. I finished highschool at 16 and went straight to college as a full time nursing student.

I guess my situation is a bit different from everyone elses. so I'm not sure if the Philippine Embassy will approve my parents as co-sponsors. My dad makes about twice the 125% above poverty line amount for our household size, and my mom made three times as much last year. She has two jobs now so we expect her to make double what she made last year.

So, the income is big enough coming from them, it's just the fact that I don't have an income yet. But I am a Bachelor of Science graduate in Nursing and I'm applying for my California RN License tomorrow.

My fiance is already an RN in the Philippines. Not sure if that makes a difference. I heard nurses usually get denied for US tourist visas, but I don't know with K1 visas.

I'm the petitioner for the fiance visa. Im the natural born US citizen.

My dad says that he's allowed to put me as a dependent on their tax forms because although I'm over 21, I was a full time college student until March 2015.

I am also unemployed because I'm not allowed to work while pregnant because it causes me to have

really bad asthma, like four asthma attacks a day and medicine doesnt really work for me. But its only during pregnancy so if I survive labor, I should have my RN license by then and I can work just fine.

I've also never been employed. I finished highschool at 16 and went straight to college as a full time nursing student.

I guess my situation is a bit different from everyone elses. so I'm not sure if the Philippine Embassy will approve my parents as co-sponsors. My dad makes about twice the 125% above poverty line amount for our household size, and my mom made three times as much last year. She has two jobs now so we expect her to make double what she made last year.

So, the income is big enough coming from them, it's just the fact that I don't have an income yet. But I am a Bachelor of Science graduate in Nursing and I'm applying for my California RN License tomorrow.

My fiance is already an RN in the Philippines. Not sure if that makes a difference. I heard nurses usually get denied for US tourist visas, but I don't know with K1 visas.

Your K1 visa is going to be based on this. You as petitioner, USC will use your income to support the K1 Visa. If your income is not enough then you can use a co-sponsor but beware that not many get approved when using a co-sponsor. Having a family member is the best route to take and you indicated your dad will be the one. Of course, all your documentation you will indicate that you are a student. If you haven't completed the 129f and submitted it, you might want to consider this.

The two of you get married in the Phil, have your baby and then apply for a IR-1 visa which they would have to take your co-sponsor. Do a CRBA for the baby, who is half Filipino and half USC. Get a US passport and no visa is needed for the baby as the baby travels as a USC.

Others will pipe in with anything that needs to be updated on this plan.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Your K1 visa is going to be based on this. You as petitioner, USC will use your income to support the K1 Visa. If your income is not enough then you can use a co-sponsor but beware that not many get approved when using a co-sponsor. Having a family member is the best route to take and you indicated your dad will be the one. Of course, all your documentation you will indicate that you are a student. If you haven't completed the 129f and submitted it, you might want to consider this.

The two of you get married in the Phil, have your baby and then apply for a IR-1 visa which they would have to take your co-sponsor. Do a CRBA for the baby, who is half Filipino and half USC. Get a US passport and no visa is needed for the baby as the baby travels as a USC.

Others will pipe in with anything that needs to be updated on this plan.

oops, already filed I-129f. I was approved and i've been calling the NVC once a week. I know its been around 25-28 days lately though.

I did include my transcript in my evidence of meeting in person because my fiance and I met in nursing school. He was a year ahead of me though. And I made sure to include in our 34a explanation of meeting in person, that we were both nursing graduates and that I plan to get my RN license here in California.

Not sure if that helps. :/

Thats a good idea, I wish I had known it would have been easier that way but I'm now in the US and the doctor will no longer let me travel. My asthma also was worse in the Philippines because of the weather. I actually almost died last February because my lungs closed completely and they had to intubate me and put me in the ICU for a week.

Not sure how my lungs will react to giving birth either :/

Thanks alot for your advice, I wish i had asked sooner. Again, awesome website. I've read just about everything on the K1 visa there and I always go back while Im doing each step. I dont feel so lost.

I guess it all depends now on the US embassy interviewer and whether he or she decides to approve our case.

Oh about the CBRA, my cousin tried that for his son and there's a requirement for having stayed in the US, I think 2 years after the age of 14. He didnt meet that requirement so he wasnt able to get a US passport for his son.

Timeline

Call the US Embassy Manila to reschedule. It's best to stop now before you do more damage.

Call Center Hours And Contact Information

The Embassy’s call center numbers for information and appointment scheduling are: (02) 976-8500(02) 976-8500 to 02. For calls from mainland or continental United States, dial (703) 520-2235(703) 520-2235. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, Monday through Friday.

Thank u so much i will call the us embassy manila today.

Timeline

oops, already filed I-129f. I was approved and i've been calling the NVC once a week. I know its been around 25-28 days lately though.

I did include my transcript in my evidence of meeting in person because my fiance and I met in nursing school. He was a year ahead of me though. And I made sure to include in our 34a explanation of meeting in person, that we were both nursing graduates and that I plan to get my RN license here in California.

Not sure if that helps. :/

Thats a good idea, I wish I had known it would have been easier that way but I'm now in the US and the doctor will no longer let me travel. My asthma also was worse in the Philippines because of the weather. I actually almost died last February because my lungs closed completely and they had to intubate me and put me in the ICU for a week.

Not sure how my lungs will react to giving birth either :/

Thanks alot for your advice, I wish i had asked sooner. Again, awesome website. I've read just about everything on the K1 visa there and I always go back while Im doing each step. I dont feel so lost.

I guess it all depends now on the US embassy interviewer and whether he or she decides to approve our case.

Oh about the CBRA, my cousin tried that for his son and there's a requirement for having stayed in the US, I think 2 years after the age of 14. He didnt meet that requirement so he wasnt able to get a US passport for his son.

i hope everything will be positive on your case, and i hope you will have a safe delivery of your baby..

Good luck on your journey

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HEEEEELP.

My Fiance (the petitioner) needs to send me the original form of I-134 right? And then we do the i-864 later once we are married and are applying for adjustment of status?

Just checking if that is correct as we are really confused at the moment lol.

September 26th 2009: Started Dating (L)

June 6th 2015: Engaged :wub:

June 29th: K-1 Petition Filed

July 8th: NOA1

July 30th: NOA2

August 24th: NVC Received Packet

August 28th: NVC Case number and Invoice ID Number Received

September 10th: Case READY

September 21st: Received Chinese Police Certificate

September 22nd: Scheduled Medical

September 25th: Received English Police Certificate

October 1st: Submitted Readiness form

October 2nd: MEDICAL :dead:

October 2nd: CEAC status updated to "ready"

October 7th: Received Korean Police Certificate

October 8th: CEAC status updated to "ready" (received medical results)

October 13th: CEAC status updated

November 9th: Interview / APPROVED

November 12th: Status to AP

November 13th: Status to ISSUED

November 17th: Received email from courier

November 18th: Passport Delivered

November 30th: Flying home :dance::wub::thumbs::dancing:

18 weeks from filing to entering the USA.

AOS TIMELINE:

March 25th, 2016: AOS/AP/EAD Sent off

March 29th, 2016: All forms accepted

April 5th, 2016: NOA1

April 15th, 2016: Biometrics letter received

April 22nd, 2016: Biometrics appointment

May 27th, 2016: EAD Card Produced

May 31st, 2016: AP approved

June 2nd: EAD Card mailed

June 4th: EAD/AP combo card received --- YAY :D

June 30th: GC being produced -- NO interview

July 7th: Card picked up by USPS

July 9th: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.