Anapr

Help with supporting documents for the I-134 (Brasil)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm gathering the documents needed for my k1 interview in Rio de Janeiro (brasil) and would like some advice concerning supporting documents for the I-134. I don't have a clue about American taxes and which forms are important and whatnot so I'd appreciate some insights (consulate reviews don't go into detail about this and other country specific posts are a bit outdated)

So far my husband-to-be has the following:

Last 6 pay stubs

W2 (last 3 years)

What he's working on:

Employer letter - he will write the information needed and ask his field manager or whatever that guy is to sign it (the guy who will sign it is the person responsible for giving my husband-to-be assignments and tasks). Do you think that's ok?

Bank letter - he will try and contact his bank but has never done anything like that before. I'm pretty sure his bank is called TD (green one). If they won't provide the letter in time, would it work printing the last 12 months worth of statements and account movement?

1040 forms (past 3 years) - he didn't mention getting those, but I will ask again. Are they really needed?

What else would be needed? Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't specifically for the Brazil embassy what it will be like but I brought all those documents and 3+ years of tax returns, pay stubs, employment letters, proof of domicile and the Montreal consulate only took the last year of taxes. I asked if they needed anything else for the i134 and they said no. Of course it's always better to be over prepared then under prepared. If you can't get a letter just print off the last few months- I wouldnt stress too much about that. My fiancé has quite a bit in savings and stocks and they didn't even ask for proof! Good luck

Edited by saracatherine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't specifically for the Brazil embassy what it will be like but I brought all those documents and 3+ years of tax returns, pay stubs, employment letters, proof of domicile and the Montreal consulate only took the last year of taxes. I asked if they needed anything else for the i134 and they said no. Of course it's always better to be over prepared then under prepared. If you can't get a letter just print off the last few months- I wouldnt stress too much about that. My fiancé has quite a bit in savings and stocks and they didn't even ask for proof! Good luck

Thanks, Sara, for your input ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.