GVMack

police clearence

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning All,

I recieved a RFE from USCIS, they want a copy of good moral, police clearence.

Since I'm already in US I can't go back to BC to obtain this.

Does anyone know what I can do for this? I called local police and I could not understand the man, then he gave me wrong number...

Thank you in advance...

Always be grateful, thankful and appreciate what you have.

GVMack

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Use the RCMP site to check the procedure of how to obtain police certificate from US.

Looks like you are doing Adjustment of status rather than NVC/Consulate route. Anyways, they won't waive that requirement. You have to get forms from third party in Canada that are authorized to convert your finger prints to digital. You have to take those forms to your local police station. Make sure to call the local police department first.

Hint: Don't tell the police department you want it for US immigration. Just say you want it for Canadian police certificate. (If they ask more, just say for a job you are applying or something) Otherwise they would send you to USCIS, and then you would be back to square one.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Awe...

ok Thanks,

this process is over 250.00!!!

Do i really need the finger prints done?

When I was in Canada just wnt to local police department and got a police clearence with out finger prints...but its been 3 years so I can't use it now...

And for the one here in Riverside all I got frm the local police station was the record with out fingerprints and they accepted it....

Always be grateful, thankful and appreciate what you have.

GVMack

Timeline

Exactly.. Don't waste time, as I did. They don't care if it takes $1000+ from US, and free from Canada. As long as the option is available, you have to go through it.

I called Commissionaires-ottawa, that charged $200 for this, + $25 for RCMP fees. + whatever you pay for mail. I paid about $44 for DHL next day delivery. USPS was like $16 but it would be three days late, plus you never know exchange of mail between USPS, Canada Post and customs could take forever.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Fellaamazing

Could you give me the number link to do this? I need this certificate now and willing to pay what I must.

Click for K1 info

03/25/2015...........Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
03/30/2015...........Electronic NOA1 ( sent to CSC )
05/08/2015...........Electronic NOA2 ( approved !! )
05/27/2015...........NVC received
05/29/2015...........NVC case# assigned
06/03/2015...........In transit to Kiev
06/09/2015...........Status Ready (received email from consulate)
07/03/2015...........Medical
07/09/2015...........Interview (Administrative Processing for missing Canadian Police Certificate)
07/30/2015...........Delivered Canadian Police Certificate to Embassy
07/31/2015...........Approved!!!
08/04/2015...........Visa in Hand!
08/07/2015...........Entry into US :D
08/28/2015...........Married!!

AOS

01/20/2016..........AOS package arrived
01/22/2016..........Electronic NOA1 (3)
01/27/2016..........NOA1 letters arrive
02/05/2016..........Biometrics letter received
02/19/2016..........Biometrics appointment

04/01/2016..........EAD and AP approved

04/04/2016..........Green Card Approved

04/06/2016..........EAD and Green Card Mailed

Timeline

Fellaamazing

Could you give me the number link to do this? I need this certificate now and willing to pay what I must.

Phone:
613 231 6462

Do you really need certificate from Canada while you are in Ukraine?

Timeline

Actually I just read your other thread. Yes, they told me that you can get it while you are in country other than US, although finger printing process might be a little different, might not be as easy as going to a regular police station.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually I just read your other thread. Yes, they told me that you can get it while you are in country other than US, although finger printing process might be a little different, might not be as easy as going to a regular police station.

I'm so glad that I found this post.

I got the forms emailed to me for the local police to use for finger printing.

I will overnight that to the company right after, and hopefully within 10 days it will be sent overnight back.

So I will not have to leave my fiancé behind. Praise God!

Click for K1 info

03/25/2015...........Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
03/30/2015...........Electronic NOA1 ( sent to CSC )
05/08/2015...........Electronic NOA2 ( approved !! )
05/27/2015...........NVC received
05/29/2015...........NVC case# assigned
06/03/2015...........In transit to Kiev
06/09/2015...........Status Ready (received email from consulate)
07/03/2015...........Medical
07/09/2015...........Interview (Administrative Processing for missing Canadian Police Certificate)
07/30/2015...........Delivered Canadian Police Certificate to Embassy
07/31/2015...........Approved!!!
08/04/2015...........Visa in Hand!
08/07/2015...........Entry into US :D
08/28/2015...........Married!!

AOS

01/20/2016..........AOS package arrived
01/22/2016..........Electronic NOA1 (3)
01/27/2016..........NOA1 letters arrive
02/05/2016..........Biometrics letter received
02/19/2016..........Biometrics appointment

04/01/2016..........EAD and AP approved

04/04/2016..........Green Card Approved

04/06/2016..........EAD and Green Card Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.