Quintinp

Advice on working visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My partner is moving from South America to NYC. I'm based in London and he asked me to join.

I've been working for Starbucks for nearly 8 years as a store manager.

As I understand you can only apply for a working visa if your employer offered you a contract but only certain occupations will be considered.

I have contacted HR to help me see if I would be able go get a transfer but this does not look promising as the UK does not deal with international transfers.

Would I be able to apply for a working / holiday visa if I could get a job in my current role it I could provide a contact? I only want to go for a year.

If not, any other suggestion that would help make this possible? Ideally a working visa would be amazing, but I would be open to do intern work / voluntree work for a year.

Please help!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

We do not have holiday/working visas. There is nothing that will allow you to live here for a year to volunteer. It's extremely unlikely that you will get any work visa since most take years to get.

You should get marry and come as a spouse. That's probably your only option.

Best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

L is the normal visa for a US company to move management to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.