breyandtthew

I dont understand! Please help

13 posts in this topic

Hi all.. I dont understand my receipt notice.. How do I know if they're waving my biometrics? I had my biometrics early July last year for the ROC and are they just gonna use that? Because my receipt notice states "you will be notified of the date and the place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local uscis office. You should expect to be notified within 60 days of this notice." what is this.. It makes it sound Im skipping biometrics or is this what all Receipt notice looks like.. Please clarify..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all.. I dont understand my receipt notice.. How do I know if they're waving my biometrics? I had my biometrics early July last year for the ROC and are they just gonna use that? Because my receipt notice states "you will be notified of the date and the place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local uscis office. You should expect to be notified within 60 days of this notice." what is this.. It makes it sound Im skipping biometrics or is this what all Receipt notice looks like.. Please clarify..

The notice usually says something about the interview being scheduled after all background checks have been completed. Does your notice say this? Background checks include biometrics.

Almost no one has their biometrics waived; you should expect to get your biometrics letter within a few weeks.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

this is exactly what it says.. Take note, it even mentions, i shall hear from them within 60 days of the notice..

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records indicate you personal info is as follows XXXXXXX

You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local uscis office. You should expect to be notified within 60 days of this notice"

Doesnt that sound like Im skipping biometrics? Thats why I was hoping somebody could post what their Receipt notice "sounds" like.. No transfer to NBC or whatnot..

Edited by breyandtthew

The first line and the address part are the same. But after that on mine it says, "Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify our office at the address or phone number listed below if there are any changes. Upon receipt of all required record checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local USCIS field office."

Timeline

this is exactly what it says.. Take note, it even mentions, i shall hear from them within 60 days of the notice..

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records indicate you personal info is as follows XXXXXXX

You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local uscis office. You should expect to be notified within 60 days of this notice"

Doesnt that sound like Im skipping biometrics? Thats why I was hoping somebody could post what their Receipt notice "sounds" like.. No transfer to NBC or whatnot..

Sorry... don't know... You'll just have to wait and see. If you get an interview letter without doing biometrics you can call or set up an Infopass to make sure that it really wasn't required. There was one old case I read about where someone got a biometrics letter after his interview had been scheduled but I think that was a USCIS error. Since you paid the bio fee you should be scheduled for one.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I see that you've asked the same question several times... including under a Nebraska-specific topic. Perhaps it's differnet for the Nebraska center... hopefully someone who applied through there will answer.

I never heard of any n400 applicant who got his/ her bio waived

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Don't worry, NBC knows what they are doing, biometrics is only for background check. If they send you interview notice, just go for it, don't worry.

That's the thing, our notice doesn't come from nbc but the Nebraska service center or nsc... I am a military spouse.. I'll wait till this Friday and see what happens

Filed: Timeline

It is my understanding that biometrics are like the medical for a K1- they are valid for a period of 1 year. Because you just had them done last July it appears they are still "valid/good/in date" so they are/were not asking for them at this time.

This can change.

Your best and only option is to follow along with the notices that you are given and do exactly as they state.

So- No biometrics are not waived for any applicant. If you have a valid one on file they dont do them again just because. So wait for your next notice. If it is determined at any point that an updated biometrics are needed to continue to move forward, you will be advised of it.

You can and probably should bring it up at your interview because I honestly dont know if the bio has to be valid just at the time they reviewed it or throughout the whole process. That is a question the Officer can address for you. If he tells you you are good, then you are. If he advises you - oh yeah oops, it was an oversight then he will send you for them. But at this point just follow the notices and assume they know what they are doing.

(Your case is strange because since people apply for ROC at the 2yr mark and would do biometrics after getting the NOA and just because of processing times its rare they fall into a case where their biometrics from that are less then a year from the date they apply for citizenship. You got your bio for roc in about 2 weeks from when you applied, most people get their NOA in 2 weeks lol. And now it seems you applied for the N-400 and are already awaiting an interview! So this is not the average case speed. Usually by the time they are looking at the background for N-400 the bio from the ROC is expired. Not for you though.lol. {kind of makes me wonder what your spouse does in the military??!?} Nevermind dont answer that!! Ha!) But best of luck to you. Like I said if they determine your biometrics expired or are unusable at this point they will let you know.

I will definitely stay on top of this.. I had walked in early for my bio last yr and applied early for my roc last year.. my husband is just a normal military guy, nothing of high rank or anything unfortunately heheh..I applied on 6/16 last yr and had my bio on 7/1 and was approved 7/14, so yeah.. I swifted through my ROC luckily within just 28 days.. won't happen on n400 though - well coz my earliest possible citizenship is not until mid September and I filed early in the window this year too..

I personally wish I won't have to skip my bio though so it won't be such a drag-On worry for me, wondering if towards the end I'd have to do this and be on the waiting game again

Filed: Timeline

I totally agree. And I am leaning towards the latter- that they are going to at some point make you go for the bio; simply because as I stated I do not know for a fact either way if they just have to be valid at the time they review them or through out the process. However there is more evidence that they have to be valid the entire time.

First I have observed what Jimmy wrote above- people getting bio notices after interviews due to USCIS error- you would fall into that category. And second I know people in the VAWA thread that have similiar yet different scenarios- where they have 'good' biometrics on file due to previously application, have had them 'time out' during the end of the VAWA approval process and needed to get them done- kind of right like where you are- at the interview stage.

You can wait for the interview, but if it is overly stressing you and you have the time and the local office is close to you, you can implement Jimmys idea posted early in the thread. Take an infopass appt and ask them. Perhaps they can put in a service request and ask the adjudicating officer whats going on and if they need to be scheduled again they can get it out of the way now rather then later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.