David and Ariana

Getting medicine to relative in China

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience obtaining medicine here in the US for a relative in China (or anywhere).

My wifes 60 yr old mother has advanced Parkinsons, in China. The medicine she needs, pramipexole hydrochloride, has become unavailable. I tried to go through a Canadian pharmacy but they could not accept the Chinese prescription I emailed to them - they needed an American doctor's prescription. Lucky me, I dont' have any physician friends I could ask to help get a prescription.

I'm sure there must be illegal mechanisms to get prescriptions and medicine, but I wouldn't know how to find them. But given that this must be a common situation for immigrants, I would think there there must be some legal mechanism to get a prescription for a foreign relative based on their local prescription. Any suggestions?

She lives in Hunan province, near Changsha so no where near any of the cities with a western presence (and she can't travel at this point), otherwise I would try to get her to a western doctor in China.

But I would think it would be possible to go to a Chinese American clinic in the US that could verify the prescription and then write a new English/US version of it.

David and Ariana (Na)

02/2009 Met Online

04/2009 Met in person

07/14/2009 Engagement Party in China

08/2009 Submitted I-129F for K1 Visa

11/2009 UCIS approval sent to NVC

12/2009 Sent to Guanghzou

01/2010 K-1 packet sent to fiancee - but because address was undeliverable, did not receive into March

03/2010 Received K-1 packet

04/2010 Returned Packet (took time to get Birth Certificate)

05/2010 Notified of appt. for July 14th - totally coincidentally on 1 yr anniversary of engagement

07/14/2010 Interview in Guangzhou, K-2 Visa Granted.

07/19/2010 Na came to America. Son stayed with Grandmother, stay in school while Na adjusted

and improved English

09/14/2010 Married

11/2010 Applied for Adjustment of Status I-485

Also recieved bad Legal advice - saying could not apply for K-2 for 8 yr old son

because we were married. Dejected, submitted I-130 for son

03/03/2011 New Years Day - Interview in SFO. Green Card granted.

06/2011 Learned through VisaJourney that K-2 still possible for son - but only until July 14rh

06/08/2011 Emailed Guangzhou requesting reopening of K-1/K-2 file

06/09/2011 Recieved immediate reply giving appt of June 27th. Na flew to China immediately

06/27/2011 Interview - Visa not granted RFE birthfather approval

06/28/2011 Emailed Guangzhou asking for urgent appt to submit birthfather approval

06/30/2011 Recieved response giving appt for Jul 6th

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

(mod hat off)

But I would think it would be possible to go to a Chinese American clinic in the US that could verify the prescription and then write a new English/US version of it.

This may be your only way. You will have to call around and see if you can find an American-licensed prescriber that will agree to participate with your transcription scheme.

Good luck in your venture, sounds like a noble cause.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you in or near SFO?

if yes,

drop off yer wife in Chinatown for 3 days, staying away from the Taiwan Association people, but asking around for a regular clinic with a regular doctor. Once she finds one, well, the rest is simply paying the monies to get it done.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

(mod hat off)

This may be your only way. You will have to call around and see if you can find an American-licensed prescriber that will agree to participate with your transcription scheme.

Good luck in your venture, sounds like a noble cause.

Extremely poor advice mod.

This is drug trafficking.

One can not simply obtain a U.S. prescription for a person in China for a control substance and then have that control substance pass through multiple countries.