Shala6

Please help.. New to visa journey and I have questions..

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Where to start.. I met my husband last year back home in Europe. We have been together ever since. I just recently got married in March, march 2nd and I was back home in Europe with my husband it was time for me to come back to the United States and I came back March 14th. I kept getting stressed and missing my husband I got sick one day went to Urgent care with my parents and my doctor had said it was all from stress. So I decided to go back and visit my husband and be with him. I flew back to Kosovo March 31st stayed 2 months and came back to California May 31st. I started my husbands paper work and sent everything on June 4th I got my notice of action on June 8th. When I came across this website I filled out my time line when I saw that my i1-30 might not be looked at until October I felt so horrible and stressed that night on the 13th I woke up and my whole floor started spinning and I fainted by the time I called for my parents, as soon as I yelled mom, dad I was passed out. When I woke up I was on the floor crying and my whole body numb my parents rushed me to the ER I was there for 6 and a half hours. With an IV and my heart on a monitor. The doctor told me the same thing all from stress. So I have a couple questions..

1st Is it ok for me to go visit my husband back home and come back before October? I do have my parents at home to check my mail for me.

2nd If anything comes in the mail and I'm not home can I take care or get things done and send it to the states from Kosovo?

3rd I am currently unemployed I have worked the past 4 years at a bank and have my past tax returns for the past years but nothing for this year.. Is it ok that I am currently unemployed but have my parents as co-sponsors for my husband? Hopefully by the time I come back from Europe I will be employed.

4th I was interested in trying to get my case expedited because of my medical reasons including my stress and panic attacks, will they take that as life threatening? ( and I do understand I'm not the only one going through this to be with my loved one )

5th do I have to be with my husband back home when he gets his interview date or can he go without me?

6th how did some of you go through this whole process by being patient and calm? I give you guys a lot of props

I am open to any feedback and help thank you guys so much... Hope all the best for everyone in this process.❤️?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Yes, absolutely fine to visit. Keep in mind October is only when USCIS will hopefully be finished with your petition; then the case goes to NVC, and then the embassy; the whole process takes about a year.

2. Yes you can. LIkely if anything comes they want more paperwork (such as birth cert etc), so your parents may even be able to deal with it.

3. Yes, having a co-sponsor for the CR-1 spousal visa is fine.

4. That will be up to USCIS. Considering everyone has to wait, probably not, but if you can show you tried your best to stop the panic attacks (drugs, counselling), and it is still happening, and have several doctors letters to support that, maybe. However, if you go to live with your husband, then USCS will likely argue that the re is no need for expedite.

5. He can go without you. In high fraud countries, it is often recommended you be there, but Kosovo should be fine, especially as you have spent considerable time together already.

6. My USC husband came to live with me for a while too. Lots of Skype (even leaving the camera on while you are sleeping) gives a certain closeness.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.