Haitham36

Renewing Passport

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Experts

Firstly I'm a spouse of a DV main applicant

My passport will be expired at August 2016 and I'm expecting to have my interview at May 2016 depending on the 2015 VB statistics - I have already submitted both of the entry and application with the current passport information

I know that the passports should be valid 6 month at least prior to the interview so

- Do you think I must renew the passport now and inform KCC to unlock the application for adding the new passport information or there is no need to inform them and just submit the two passports (old and new) on the interview day?

- If you think that I should inform KCC to unlock the application. Will be there any risk to take that action specially it will be the 2nd time for requesting the unlock but for different issue?

Thanks in advance

Your passport must be valid for after (not prior) the interview - was that a typo?

Also it is not just 6 months after the interview, but 6 months after date of intended entry ( yes, even if there is an arrangement with your country that passport holders can normally enter the U.S. with less than 6 months on their passport). So, definitely apply for a new one in time for the interview.

I personally wouldn't bother unlocking, just take both passports (in fact I did this at my own interview) but some people would recommend you do...your call.

Timeline

SusieQQQ

Thank you so much for your prompt response

Actually in both cases (interview or US entry) it will be a must to renew the passport according to what you have mentioned

But do I understand correctly that you find taking the two passports with me during the interview is better than asking KCC to unlock the application for adding the new passport information???

Thanks

SusieQQQ

Thank you so much for your prompt response

Actually in both cases (interview or US entry) it will be a must to renew the passport according to what you have mentioned

But do I understand correctly that you find taking the two passports with me during the interview is better than asking KCC to unlock the application for adding the new passport information???

Thanks

I don't know what is 'better', but I know what is least hassle when it doesn't seem to make a difference which option to choose ;)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

I don't know what is 'better', but I know what is least hassle when it doesn't seem to make a difference which option to choose ;)

I feel that is enough to judge :idea:

Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.