soncrazed

My Case Has Been Expedited, Now What?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi! I requested our case be expedited on June 11. I got an email today stating it was approved. What happens next? We have everything turned in and have paid the IV, but not able to do the DS-260 due to the technical errors that we all seem to be having. The letter makes it sound like everything is in the embassies hands now. Has anyone gone through this, that can give us some insight? Thank you!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try calling NVC and ask about the DS-260. I don't think you will be interviewed without this or try calling US embassy about this. My son's case also has an approved request to expedite, but I was able to finish everything before they transferred it to US Embassy in Manila. Once transferred (confirmed), you can schedule for your interview appointment. I did not wait for the letter from the USem and I just screen-printed the NVC status which says Ready (for interview). They usually sent it very late jus like what happened to my first son's case. Goodluck.

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Timeline

Try calling NVC and ask about the DS-260. I don't think you will be interviewed without this or try calling US embassy about this. My son's case also has an approved request to expedite, but I was able to finish everything before they transferred it to US Embassy in Manila. Once transferred (confirmed), you can schedule for your interview appointment. I did not wait for the letter from the USem and I just screen-printed the NVC status which says Ready (for interview). They usually sent it very late jus like what happened to my first son's case. Goodluck.

how did u expedite your son's visa? what's the reason and how long does it take?

585nbjc5r.png

Timeline

how did u expedite your son's visa? what's the reason and how long does it take?

I emailed them (NVCexpedite@state.gov). Format like this:

Petitioner's name:

Beneficiary/Appicant's name:

DOB:

Case Number:

Invoice Number:

Attention: Supervisor

Sir / Madam:

(context of your request including of course, reason for requesting)

I sent the letter May 26, they replied (acknowledgment and notice of forwarding req to USEM Manila which has the authority to decide) on May 29, and by June 4 we received the decision. His case was sent June 10 and received at USEM on June 15. His case was completed when they shipped it out.

PS>> Sorry but for personal reason, I cannot divulge the reasons I stated for my son's case.

Goodluck.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Timeline

I called the NVC this morning & the guy told me to wait a couple of days for them to send it off, but that I should hear something this week. I told him we had sent off everything needed for the NVC stage besides the DS-260 & he could tell all of that. So you schedule the appointment or they give you a date? That is what I am not clear on & want to know. Please let me know, if you can. Thanks!

Timeline

I called the NVC this morning & the guy told me to wait a couple of days for them to send it off, but that I should hear something this week. I told him we had sent off everything needed for the NVC stage besides the DS-260 & he could tell all of that. So you schedule the appointment or they give you a date? That is what I am not clear on & want to know. Please let me know, if you can. Thanks!

It took them days actually before they transferred the case to USEM Manila (approved June 4 and sent out June 10). I think they reviewed the documents during those days to complete the process at NVC before shipping it out. With regards to the interview appointment, I registered at UStraveldocs, filled up the informations and chose the date. Make sure though that its in the US Embassy before you do this.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Timeline

It took them days actually before they transferred the case to USEM Manila (approved June 4 and sent out June 10). I think they reviewed the documents during those days to complete the process at NVC before shipping it out. With regards to the interview appointment, I registered at UStraveldocs, filled up the informations and chose the date. Make sure though that its in the US Embassy before you do this.

Thank you for the information!! So I am assuming that website is somehow connected with the embassies (to allow appointments to be scheduled)? I am still trying to find out if they allow appointments for Argentina.

Timeline

Thank you for the information!! So I am assuming that website is somehow connected with the embassies (to allow appointments to be scheduled)? I am still trying to find out if they allow appointments for Argentina.

Yes. Register and locate your country (click on it) then you can schedule an appointment.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.