nadiah100885

Status Updates in CEAC after AP issued.

280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Because your case was put in AP your status will now say "Administrative Processing" until the embassy is ready to issue the visa. For people that are approved during interview, there case usually goes to AP for a few hours or maybe 1 day and then their status will change once the visa is printed & issued. Everytime the embassy looks at your file your you CEAC "Status Updated Dated" will change. You want to make sure you are watching this date regularly as this will help you to know how often they are looking at your case.

Thanks for your reply !

The OC gave me AP -Form but he didn't ask or tick any option of any documents they might need from me ,as normally there are list of items they might need from applicant

On my AP-Form only option tick is 2nd option in the list that is ,SECTION 221(g) which says about admistrative processing only

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! Our visa was issued last night! Yay! I will get his tickets for him to arrive November 11th!!!

Signature coming soon...

congrates to you both

Amhara nadiah100885

how long was your AP,after u submitted the required documents?also how many times did your status changed? after your status cahnged did u got call from embassy to pickk up your passport

if any one can help to answer ?is there any way u can check your case progress once it is in AP? or any way u can track your passport or? send e-mail to find your case sstatus??

as i m stuck in AP, its really frsutrsating :(

how long was your AP,after u submitted the required documents?also how many times did your status changed? after your status changed did u got call from embassy to pick up your passport

if any one can help to answer ?is there any way u can check your case progress once it is in AP? or any way u can track your passport or? send e-mail to find your case status??

as i m stuck in AP, its really frustrating :(

Hi rxlamb,

It's so frustrating! If they would give an estimated date, that would help relieve the pressure. Some embassy's allow applicants to email after AP has lasted 60 days and I think that at least helps put a waiting time frame in mind.

All our documents were submitted during the interview, except they did not keep my fiance's passport. Our case was updated about three times the week of the interview. Then it updated once a week until the end of July when it paused. The first week of August, we had three updates, which was when he was called to drop off his passport. Then we got really excited because I was tracking some cases in ceac.gov that I thought may have interviewed the same day as my guy and those cases were being issued and our case was being updated nearly each day!

However, about August 20th, we did not get any more updates. At this time, we were getting a little worried. My fiance attends a university in Pakistan on a scholarship and his family was staying in the city only temporarily. They have a home in the village, but it's not safe for him there (it's more safe for the women and older men of the family there). We were not sure on where he would live if he could not get his passport (we wanted the visa in there...) to travel to his hostel. After asking for guidance from the embassy on August 16th, we received a response ten days later saying he should have already been contacted to pick up his passport. Our case was still in AP, so were they giving the passport back without visa?

Thankfully, our status changed!!!!!...to Ready! I had looked at so many K-1 cases and all except two took two days after the ceac.gov type changed from "Immigrant" to "Nonimmigrant"! Certainly ours would be next and my fiance would make it to the university in time to ask for his transcripts and head on over! Oh, we were so excited! So his family was going to stay in the city for one more month to make it easier for us to arrange his travel between the places. Well, after we got "Ready", we got one update on September 10th. That was it. We were trying so hard to be patient. I sent a few emails, but I wanted to be calm and not bother the embassy; certainly our visa was coming, right?

As we waited, my father in law passed away on September 30th. This was really devastating to us. He was a really great man. I was going on a long trip the next day, so we were feeling really lost. When were we going to get together? It didn't help that the week before during Eid week, I was tracking five cases that were all in Ready with us, and all five were issued - all five! But not us. We were not in AP anymore, but our emails were not getting answered. We did get two responses back. One confirmed his final visa package was being prepared, but that email called him my client.....the other one said we needed to wait to be contacted by the embassy for our interview! The second one sounded like a standard message that was probably sent in error, but this was so difficult for us.

I created the form to send in a Congressional inquiry and I composed a memo summarizing the email communications since August. We had such little time left! He has a handwritten passport, and he would need to travel here before November 25th or else get a new passport, which could add another 40+ days to our wait! By then, if our visa was issued, it would either have expired by then, or we would need another medical done. Thankfully, the day I was going to fax that inquiry request was the day it changed to AP - the one that's right before "Issued"! The embassy came through for us!!!

Technically, our AP only lasted 59 days, but our Ready lasted 40 days, so in all, that was 3 months, 9 days. The thing that helped us was to focus on our relationship and talk about the visa less. We would talk about our plans for different points in the future instead and dream about traveling to different places and such. We would set short-term goals, such as, "okay, by the next three weeks, we should see an update" and we would be so happy to see an update. Towards the end, my guy was wondering if we would even be refused the visa. The visa isn't the important thing as long as you can have your relationship - I figured I could always immigrate somewhere myself. I told him that if we needed to do a marriage visa, I would move to a different country and we would do the visa from that country together. Of course, we wanted sooner rather than later.

Lamb, the progress of the case is a mystery to all of us outside the Embassy world. They don't tell anyone much of anything. Try to think about something else, and think about a different time frame, like a four month wait. They may process it faster than that, then you two can celebrate. If they don't process it by then, you two will be disappointed, but maybe you can plan a visit after that point? I don't suggest sending too many emails on the case status while in AP. If things change in your situation, then send an email about that, but not on the case, unless it goes so much longer.

You can't control this process - only your attitude and outlook. But I know it's a tough wait - really tough.

Signature coming soon...

hi everyone, Amhara thanks for taking your time to reply in a best possible way u can and congrats again .

Can u pls tell where to send e-mail( u mention u was sending e-mail and you got two replys / plus which # to call ) as i wanted to send e-mail too ,my CO told me to call/E-mail them after 1 month,if i dont hear from them

cheers

Our embassy is Kabul and I think yours is Islamabad, no? I called once and our embassy doesn't give any information over the phone. You can check the Islamabad immigrant visa page for the email address. Ours was KabulIV@state.gov

Signature coming soon...

hi there peeps from Islamabad embassy ! Need help pls

Can any one pls tell( where to send e-mail / plus which # to call ) as i wanted to send e-mail to know about my case ,my CO told me to call/E-mail them after 1 month,if i don't hear from them

cheers

Timeline

HeavensAngel, The only way to contact the embassy is via email, you can email them at this link http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact-information/visa-inquiries.html. If you call them, they will not provide you with any information over the phone.

Thanks nadiah! But I'm afraid they will not respond to the email ? Are there chances of them to reply in 5 working days ..as my CO told me to call them & like u said there is not any means for that ..only thing is to e-mail ! But it's nearly 3 weeks my status has not been changed for once :(

Do they actually read the e-mail or gonna send me standard reply ..this is heart breaking since I am missing some one special so bad :'(

Timeline

Heavensangel, it's not guaranteed that they will respond to you within 5 working days. They may give you a time frame, but they usually don't follow it. It would be best if you just email them and wait for the response. I generally waited a week for a response, and if I didn't get one after 1 week I would email them again.

How long have you been in AP?

My husband was in AP for 3 1/2 months. His was a fairly quick AP. During that time, his case updated 17 times.

Just send all the documents they requested ASAP. You will see case updates once they start working on your case.

Hi nadiah100885

They didn't ask me for any further document.

They gave me while slip 221(g) stating I m in AP .

Also since your Case update 17 times, have you noticed that your Case Creation Date also been changed after interview ?

Also did u called department of state # ,I hear people call to know case status but I'm not sure if we can get information as the # in Islamabad U.S. consulate don't reply on phone ??or any other # that helps to call to know any inf.??

Hi nadiah100885

They didn't ask me for any further document.

They gave me while slip 221(g) stating I m in AP .

Also since your Case update 17 times, have you noticed that your Case Creation Date also been changed after interview ?

Also did u called department of state # ,I hear people call to know case status but I'm not sure if we can get information as the # in Islamabad U.S. consulate don't reply on phone ??or any other # that helps to call to know any inf.??

Heaven, Nadiah had a spousal visa, so her's is going to stay "Immigrant"; however, your case is fiance, so your ceac.gov status will change to "Non-immigrant". That's the last step in processing fiance visas. It goes from "Immigrant" AP> "Nonimmigrant" Ready> "Nonimmigrant" AP> "Nonimmigrant" Issued.

Your AA# you had after you completed your DS-160 should also be updated too. When the fiance case creation date changes, it's a positive sign; however, ours took over 40 days for it to change to issued, while most cases just take a few days.

Signature coming soon...

hi

Amhara thank u for the reply

As u know i am under AP after my interview & when i go to ceac.gov status THERE ARE 02 THINGS WHICH I NOTICED AFTER YOUR REPLY

01) If i select the nonimmigrant option on CEAC website , and put my DS-160 application ID starting with AA00******

Than i got following message with "no status" and my case creation date is ; 02 sep 2015

"NO STATUS"

PLEASE CONTACT THE U.S CONSULAR OFFICE YOU BELIEVE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR VISA APPLICATION

02) If i select the immigrant option on CEAC website , and put my case # starting with ISL2015******

Then i get following message, with "AP STATUS" and my case creation date is ; 31 Aug 2015

" ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"

YOUR VISA APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING NECSEESSARY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING .THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS.PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS......IF YOUR VISA APPROVED......TWO BUSINESS DAYS..........

please explain ,is this normal???

also u said That's the last step in processing fiance visas. It goes from "Immigrant" AP> "Nonimmigrant" Ready> "Nonimmigrant" AP> "Nonimmigrant" Issued.?? do i have to look using my immigrant cateogry or non immigrant category to see the status change as u explained ,as there are 02 things which i questioned above? I am really confused abt that ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.