amarceau

NVC IVR

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok - So I just called the IVR at the NVC.. It says my CR1 case was forwarded to MTL on February 15, 2007... does that mean they've schedule me an interview ??? Of course tomorrow is a holiday in the US, so NVC won't be open... the wait is going to kill me :)

Anyone know what it means ...

Angela

***I751***

01/06/2009 - Mailed I-751 with Fee (Day 1)

01/09/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 3)

01/15/2009 - NOA received (Day 9)

02/05/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 30)

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Timeline

Oh that's so exciting, not to get your hopes up but I bet your interview has been scheduled!! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

ETA: I'm basing this on what I've heard of the NVC scheduling interviews around the 15th of each month, and the fact that languageladki just had theirs scheduled too.

Ok - So I just called the IVR at the NVC.. It says my CR1 case was forwarded to MTL on February 15, 2007... does that mean they've schedule me an interview ??? Of course tomorrow is a holiday in the US, so NVC won't be open... the wait is going to kill me :)

Edited by riblet

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Timeline

OMG -- Hopes are WAY UP !!! Please, Please ... I've been a good girl this year.. :)

Angela

***I751***

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Timeline

NVC schedules the interview for CR-1 (ir-1) so when you phone NVC back, they should have a date for you. Some operators wont give it out over the phone though. I managed to findf out via the phone, best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

i just called too, and it says the same. i dont know how they can schedule my interview when there is also a case 4 my dauhter, and we recieved a letter askin 4 a notorized note that allows her to move, her dad just did it last week and i havent recieved it to send in yet. im stressed now, because we called nvc last week and they said it would probably be april/may b4 we have an interview, so we bouht a ticket so i can visit hubby 02/26-03/26.

now i dont know should i visit, or stay? lol i still havent done my medical because i have been waitin 4 the letter sayin to do so.

oh the stress. i'll be so happy when this is over and we can start our lives.

Edited by shann76

May 23 2007 IS OUR INTERVIEW, PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

Timeline

Its been awhile, so someone wil hopefully correct me if I am wrong!! NVS sets the schedule for CR-1'ers (IR-1)for MTL. Until NVC sets the schedule, MTL does not even know you exist. Once NVC sets the schedule, they forward ur paperwork to MTL and send you out the fianl packet! This packet contains your interview date as well as stuff you have to do such as your medical. Some Dr's (list is found on Embassy reviews on top of page) will do the phyisal without this letter stating you need it done,some won't. But by the sounds of things, you most likely will have a bit of time to wait for the interview, MTL seems a bit slow. Best of luck

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Presidents Day today, so Federal offices may be closed!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Once NVC sets the schedule, they forward ur paperwork to MTL and send you out the fianl packet! This packet contains your interview date as well as stuff you have to do such as your medical. Some Dr's (list is found on Embassy reviews on top of page) will do the phyisal without this letter stating you need it done,some won't.

This is interesting because Laura0588 and I met two women at the medical today applying for CR-1 visas and they were told on the phone (consulate I believe or maybe NVC) that their interview is this week. However, neither women had received a letter in the mail yet...

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

I found via phone first, then got the letter. The security guys at the front door will want to see that letter stating you have an interview appt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, that's what me and Laura told them. One woman's interview is tomorrow or Wednesday and the other's is on Friday. As of today, no letter...

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

amarceau, I am pretty confident you have an interview.

My wife is from Canada and I have been phoning the NVC for months since they completed the application on December 6th. Then last Thursday after expecting the normal response of "your interview has not been scheduled" she said "yes, it is for March 7th". I could have jumped down the phone and kissed her. Anyway my point is the automated response I get at the NVC has changed from telling me the case is complete to that they have forwarded it to Montreal, therefore I believe you have an interview!! Congrats

All the best

Timeline

Wohoo !!! I can't wait until tomorrow morning to be able to call and get the date :)

Angela

***I751***

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Timeline

If you get an operator that won't tell you, phon eback again and get one that will!

Timeline

Thanks for that... If I had gotten one that wouldn't give me the date I probably would have ranted and raved for hours :)

Angela

***I751***

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Timeline

amarceau....I would be willing to be that you do have an interview date. When I called I just said "I thought that I would get an interview next month and the automated message still doesn't say that, so, could you give me any idea as to when you think we might get one?" When I said that the lady said, "well, you already have one set up on the 16th of March."

I bet they'll tell you, just try to be really polite and maybe you'll get a nice person. Best of luck. I'm so excited for you. I hope you get it soon! :blush:

03/30/2006 sent petition I-130 to VSC

04/13/2006 received NOA1 petition I-130

05/01/2006 "touched"

07/06/2006 "touched"

07/06/2006 received notification that case transferred to Calif. SC

07/07/2006 faxed request to expedite to CSC

07/08/2006 "touched"

07/10/2006 "touched" with notice that CSC has received petition

07/11/2006 "touched"

07/12/2006 "touched" Does this mean we are getting somewhere?

07/13/2006 "touched"

07/14/2006 "touched"

08/03/2006 "touched" I hope this is good?! Please approve us!

08/04/2006 APPROVED!!!!!! We are soooooo happy!

08/06/2006 "touched"

08/07/2006 "touched"

08/08/2006 "touched" I'm keeping track of this to see how many days CSC

works on it before it leaves to go to NVC.

08/21/2006 I-130 rec'd by NVC and case number assigned

08/22/2006 choice of agent form mailed express--got number and then printed barcode acc'd to James shortcuts

08/23/2006 US postal service says agent form rec'd at NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.