lala64

Immunizations in Jamaica...Help Please!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes he will get all the same day the medical cost $15240 and he has to bring another $15000 just for vaccine he might not use all but they suggest u bring that amount when you call for appointment

Yes he will get all the same day the medical cost $15240 and he has to bring another $15000 just for vaccine he might not use all but they suggest u bring that amount when you call for appointment

thanks

thanks

His son has to go too. is the cost the same for the child as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks

thanks

His son has to go too. is the cost the same for the child as well?

**EDIT this is for the adult....

Make sure he only gets the required 3 shots. Don't waste money on the others, the doctor may try to tell you different. Let them know you're aware that all aren't needed!

Tdap

MMR

Forgot what the third was...

Varicella (only if never had chicken pox before) Most places if you tell them you've had chicken pox they won't give you this one.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Not sure of the clinics in Negril but your Fiancé needs to check with the local clinics in his area or better yet the regional clinic which offers most shots for free.

He should have three complete sets of MMR, maybe 2 Hep B or Hep A/B and Varicella.

Flu shots like others have said is unnecessary.

Paying to get the shots done should cost between US$15 -$20 each depending on which he needs as there are shots which also costs less.

However the private immunization centers may require twice that.

He can also call Immunization Services in Kingston Tel: 906-9305 and find out the required shots for his age as well as if they have a location near him.

If all else fails u can inbox me and I will try to get the number for the health practitioner that assisted me but that's also in Kingston or more correctly, Spanish Town.

Good luck on your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will that impact his Visa at all?

Any vaccines not available will be annotated as such on his form. It will be fine. It's not even technically needed to come just for adjusting status. Don't worry about it for now. He'll have to get it stateside of course for a.o.s.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

one of my shots at Andrews was $6800..

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

Go to the local clinic, if he can go to the clinic his mom took him during his childhood years that would be great since they have all his vacination record there. The clinic will give him the shots for free, he will only have to pay a small registration fee $600-800.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

Like Shauneg said, Varicella at the time of our doing our medical was not available island-wide and this was noted on our medical.

Also he may not be able to get all the shots because some of them require a month apart interval but it will be sufficient for him to start the set.

Don't worry the form or medical done at Andrews has provisions if all the shots aren't given something about incomplete due to time interval but it will be sufficient for him to pass the K1 medical required for USCIS.

You have gotten lots of great advice here, just pass it on to your finace, he should be ok.

Timeline

Like Shauneg said, Varicella at the time of our doing our medical was not available island-wide and this was noted on our medical.

Also he may not be able to get all the shots because some of them require a month apart interval but it will be sufficient for him to start the set.

Don't worry the form or medical done at Andrews has provisions if all the shots aren't given something about incomplete due to time interval but it will be sufficient for him to pass the K1 medical required for USCIS.

You have gotten lots of great advice here, just pass it on to your finace, he should be ok.

Yes I have Thank you very much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.