J_<3_S

Cannot create an account on US travel docs website

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to help!

I am trying to create an account on the US travel docs website and every time i try it comes up with the follow message:

Errors
  • Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
  • User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Did anyone else have this issue??

My K1 petition has left NVC and is in transit to the consulate and i am really wanting to get this sorted :/

Thanks in advance!!!

NOA1: 10/27/15

NOA2: 05/11/15

SENT TO NVC: 05/29/15

RECEIVED BY NVC: 06/05/15

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 06/08/15

LEFT NVC: 06/10/15

RECEIVED BY CONSULATE: 06/16/15

INTERVIEW: 07/16/15 - Approved!

POE: 08/03/15

MARRIED: 09/25/15

AOS SENT & EAD: 10/09/15

NOA 1 AOS: 10/16/15

BIOMETRICS: 11/09/15

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

the dates you posted are not right

sent to NVC in November and they received in JUne of the same year

I think you must mean sent to NVC 11/29/2014

maybe this is your problem

Timeline

the dates you posted are not right

sent to NVC in November and they received in JUne of the same year

I think you must mean sent to NVC 11/29/2014

maybe this is your problem

Sorry didn't released, its just a typo it was sent to NVC on the 29th of may so 05/29/15.

It was sent to the Sydney consulate a few days ago on 06/10/15 and as far as i know it has not yet reached the Sydney consulate.

Do you think i am not able to create an account on the US travel docs site because it has not yet been received by the Sydney consulate?

Edited by s_kimberley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Have you ever applied for a visa to the united states through ustraveldocs.com? I had the same problem and it turned out that I had forgotten I was already a user and just needed to request a new password.

It shouldn't matter if they have your case or not.

Timeline

Have you ever applied for a visa to the united states through ustraveldocs.com? I had the same problem and it turned out that I had forgotten I was already a user and just needed to request a new password.

A few years ago I applied for a J1 visa but I'm not sure if i used traveldocs website. Also at that time i had a different email address and the only details i am entering are my email address, surname and first name so i wouldn't have thought the sight would recognise me considering I am entering a completely different email address..

I have no access to my old email account so i am a bit concerned as to how i am going to retrieve my possible old account/ create a new one

Timeline

Ok so literally just after i type my last reply i took your advice and requested my password to be sent.

But i am just confused as to how i already have an account with my current email address and I absolutely had not created my current email account when i applied for my previous visa in 2011.

Weird right?

EDIT: The only time i have given my email address throughout this process has been when calling NVC so maybe i had an account automatically created or something...

Anyway i guess i can complain as i can log in now - i just think its really strange..

Edited by s_kimberley

Timeline

Ok so literally just after i type my last reply i took your advice and requested my password to be sent.

But i am just confused as to how i already have an account with my current email address and I absolutely had not created my current email account when i applied for my previous visa in 2011.

Weird right?

EDIT: The only time i have given my email address throughout this process has been when calling NVC so maybe i had an account automatically created or something...

Anyway i guess i can complain as i can log in now - i just think its really strange..

Yes, that is weird! But good that you can log in now :) It took me ages to remember that I used ustraveldocs for my J1 and requested the password. I thought there was just something wrong with the website.

Timeline

Yes, that is weird! But good that you can log in now :) It took me ages to remember that I used ustraveldocs for my J1 and requested the password. I thought there was just something wrong with the website.

Thankyou so much for your help!!!!! :)

Timeline

I have the same issue I just realised, ive managed to get in with my old account details now im just wondering if I pay the fees and If there is anything else I need to do

If your checklist from he embassy told you to do everything over ustraveldocs then yes, pay the fee, do the ds-160 and schedule the interview if they let you do that as well. Just make sure you have all the other required documents done too.

This was the email I received. I did pay the fee though now im considering this was a bad choice.

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. Please have your fiancée create a profile via USTravelDocs and email our office at support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

Case number (ie: SYD2014000000):

Email address:

Phone number:

Passport Number

Timeline

This was the email I received. I did pay the fee though now im considering this was a bad choice.

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. Please have your fiancée create a profile via USTravelDocs and email our office at support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

Case number (ie: SYD2014000000):

Email address:

Phone number:

Passport Number

Well it can have been a bit prematurely though it would be weird if they would make you create a profile at ustravdeldocs and then have other forms of payment etc when the website does everything. Hope everything works out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.