mrandmrsadrien

NOA2 and Preparing Affidavit of Support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello There Fellow VJ'ers! I have been following everything for a while now and have decided to make my first post.

I am sure this question has been asked a million times, but asking again for my own peace of mind.

As of June 1st my Fiance and I received our NOA2 after 2 weeks processing and now I am trying to work on pulling together the paperwork for the affidavit of support. My question is, I read somewhere that if you meet the 125% income requirements that you don't have to list how much you have in your bank accounts, so how would be the best way to answer on form I-134 when it asks you to list how much you have on deposit in savings?

Also, in trying to pull past tax records, I know those records will show that I did not make above the guideline amounts but with my current job, my annual income is well over the 125%, so would it be best to pull in a sponsor just in case? I have never been so confused looking at paper before! LOL.

Appreciate such a community on the same Journey as myself and my fiance and appreciate all the information yall can include! Thank you!

Just put your savings on the I-134, it wouldn't hurt.

If your current annual income is over 125% then all you need is a letter from your employer and/or pay stubs to prove this. No need to get a co-sponsor.

Timeline

Even if what is in savings and other is increasingly low due to the expenses of the process?

Just put your savings on the I-134, it wouldn't hurt.

If your current annual income is over 125% then all you need is a letter from your employer and/or pay stubs to prove this. No need to get a co-sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

WHAT I DID WAS WHEN MY PAYROLL CHECK WAS DEPOSIT INTO MY ACCOUNT, I WENT TO THE BANK THEN AND HAD THEM GIVE ME THE PROOF WITH THE AMOUNT ON THERE! SO U CAN DO THAT. GOOD LUCK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi! I went though the k1 process in Haiti also and actually didn't even need the affidavit of support. The paper we received from the embassy did not include it in their list and my lawyer felt that we should only include what is on the list based on her experience. I was afraid to get a RFE or anything like that though so I did include it. I had used my dad as a cosponsor. When we went to the interview they actually gave me that information back at the first window so we didn't even need it. You need it for AOS though. Although I am Telling you this I do recommend having your fiancé have this info JUST in case but don't be surprised if they don't need it in Haiti.

Now to answer your question I think you should put what you have in your bank account/savings even if it is a little because it's still financial assets. I think if you make more than 125% this year you may be okay and not need a cosponsor but I'm not completely sure... definitely see what other people have to say.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

Hi! I went though the k1 process in Haiti also and actually didn't even need the affidavit of support. The paper we received from the embassy did not include it in their list and my lawyer felt that we should only include what is on the list based on her experience. I was afraid to get a RFE or anything like that though so I did include it. I had used my dad as a cosponsor. When we went to the interview they actually gave me that information back at the first window so we didn't even need it. You need it for AOS though. Although I am Telling you this I do recommend having your fiancé have this info JUST in case but don't be surprised if they don't need it in Haiti.

Now to answer your question I think you should put what you have in your bank account/savings even if it is a little because it's still financial assets. I think if you make more than 125% this year you may be okay and not need a cosponsor but I'm not completely sure... definitely see what other people have to say.

Thank You so much for your response! I am wanting to pull everything together just to be safe :-). How was your experience getting everything pulled together for the Haiti Embassy? From everything I am gathering, they seem to be pretty easy.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Timeline

Thank You so much for your response! I am wanting to pull everything together just to be safe :-). How was your experience getting everything pulled together for the Haiti Embassy? From everything I am gathering, they seem to be pretty easy.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Our experience wasn't awful but one I wouldn't want to relive. The actual interview wasn't bad I went with my husband although we were there 5 hours.

After the NVC stage it was roughly a month before haiti embassy sent me a letter in the mail. My husband (then fiancé) never received "packet 3" in the mail so I scanned what I received and sent him it. I asked him to get a police record even though he has no record just to be safe but the embassy didn't need it. I went with him to Haiti Messener in Port au Prince which was very hard to find because there wasn't even a sign outside it. Once there they told us we needed to attach a 221g form with our documents. This didn't make sense to me because I am under the impression that form was for people who are missing information AFTER the interview and need to submit it. Anyways they wouldn't accept our packet without it so after finally finding an Internet cafe we printed it out, filled it out and went back to Haiti Messener..also they needed our documents in a manila envelope so we had to purchase one of those outside. We then submitted the documents. Running around PAP is not one of my favorite things. A few days later, I was about to fly back home and I saw on the ustraveldocs website our interview was cancelled and needed to be rescheduled. I could never get ahold of anyone to confirm or deny this- it was extremely frustrating. About two weeks later I flew back to Haiti and we went to the interview on the scheduled date. Luckily we did because the interview was in fact still scheduled. Questions asked were very easy and we were both together. We got his passport back about a week and a half later and picked it up at the Jacmel location which was another big hassle. I'm just glad it's done in Haiti.anything else you need to know just ask !

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline

I also should have added that when we were going through the process ustraveldocs had just started in Haiti so things were probably more confusing since it was all new and they were working the kinks out. Hopefully it's much better now!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline

I also should have added that when we were going through the process ustraveldocs had just started in Haiti so things were probably more confusing since it was all new and they were working the kinks out. Hopefully it's much better now!

Haiti is a beautiful mess after all! Lol. What is a 221g form? I havent heard of that form yet. Do you recommend attending the interview with your fiance or making the trip to the states with them? Also, my fiance and I were greatly blessed being that we were approved 2 weeks after submission, but looking on our NOA2, our priority date is blank. Any insight on that, coming from haiti? There as questions running through my head at all hours now! Haha. Would it be a good idea to have my Fiance pull his police records now, or wait until we receive our list?

Thank you! Im getting such a peace of Mind now :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.