AFQuaid

Rescheduled Biometrics Appt

6 posts in this topic

Hi Fellow VJ Couples,

Long time no see!

We're doing good at our end immigration wise so far with the AOS and hope our friends here are too. Hubby and I are sharing the comp and spending much of wonderful times together we haven't checked in here in a while.

What brings us here other than to say Hi! is that we recieved my biometrics appointment at USCIS Modesto CA for Feb 8. Seeing as the van we use is currently not working we couldn't get to it. Fortunitely there was an option on the appointment letter to reschedule for the next available wednesday or saturday afternoon. So I checked the box and made a copy of the origional and sent the origional back to USCIS Modesto as instructed on the notice if a different appointment date is needed. Well it was posted a few days before Feb 8th and yet we still haven't recieved a new appointment.

We're not too sure how long a rescheduled biometrics appointment usually takes in general or if it differs depending on which USCIS office you're going through specifically.

Does anybody have any knowledge of how long usually the wait is to get a new appointment through the mail? How long now should I wait to call and try and find out whats up? We're trying to put off calling as usually these people on the phone don't know what they're talking about/don't look at your particular case file or just give you a general responce. So we turn to VJ lol.

Hoping someone has some insight.

Fiona & Andrew

Lancashire UK -CA USA

K-1 Visa holder going through Adjustment of Status

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

I rescheduled mine and it took about 10 days- 2 weeks to get a new letter. You could probably just show up, although when I was getting mine done in Boston, I heard them threaten to send away a couple of people who had shown up at a time other than the one on their letter (but they let them stay).

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Thank you guys for the insight and advice. We're gonna wait till it's been 2 weeks and then phone. Can't really risk just turning up and hope they do the biometrics though it's great it worked for some people :) Thanks again.

Fiona & Andrew

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every local service center seems to deal with rescheduled biometrics differently. Ours had us send back the form like yours did, but when we received the updated appointment, it was about five weeks in the future. (Never mind that they could make the original appointment with virtually no notice at all!)

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Every local service center seems to deal with rescheduled biometrics differently. Ours had us send back the form like yours did, but when we received the updated appointment, it was about five weeks in the future. (Never mind that they could make the original appointment with virtually no notice at all!)

We are having a similar issue.

We just rescheduled in St. Paul, because my husband is out of town to be with his grandmother. We sent the letter in and it took about 2 weeks to get rescheduled. WE sent it thinking they would reschedule a few weeks out, but they only gave us 1 week. so he will still be gone. The question we have is do we send the letter in again to reschedule or is there a number we can call? I called the # on the form but just recording with no related options.

any suggestions?

Any body have any experience in ST. Paul. What can we do? Shoudl I send the letter to reschedule again or just show up the following Saturday when he flies in? Or what? I don't want to get into trouble with any immigration folks!

Any # we can call?

K-1 Journey

May 2003: We fell flat on our faces for eachother.

November 2004: Decided this was really worth making it work.

April 2005: Chose to be together for ever.......just had to figure out how.

October 14, 2005: I-129F sent to NSC by DHL from Habana

October 24, 2005: NOA 1 recived

November 17, 2005: NOA 2 recieved APPROVED!

December 21, 2005: Recieved by NVC

December 30, 2005: Sent to Habana

Janauary 05, 2006: Interest Section calls to say package arrived & appt. to pick up super packet

January 10, 2006: Went to Interest Section to pick up packet

April 24, 2006: Interview Approved under condition we were not moving to Miami (interviewer was hilarious)

April 25, 2006: Picked up visa & Began the carta blanca drama

June 08 2006: Won battle for the carta blanca what a stressful month.....

June 11, 2006: POE Miami through Cancun

June 21, 2006: Enough of Miami cruised up to MN

August 25, 2006: Married in the backyard under the most gorgeous sky!

AOS Journey

January 25, 2007: AOS sent to Chicago

Janyary 29, 2007: NOA1 EAD and AOS

February 06, 2007:Request for Initial Evidence I-485 - copy NOA2 from I-129F

February 20, 2007: Sent response w/ explaination of why NOA2 was not available

March 03, 2007: Biometrics

March 12, 2007: AOS transfered to CSC

April 25, 2007: EAD arrived!

May 22, 2007: Recieved email, I-485 PENDING at CSC

March 2008: RFE of co-sponsor self-employment info

February 2008: e-filed renewal EAD

April 13 2008 Renewal EAD arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.