Jump to content

Joint Sponsor Question!

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was looking at the instructions and went ahead and continued reading about the i864. My father will be joint sponsoring for my husband. Do I have to have his birth certificate? (My dad's) or could a copy of his drivers license work? He's never needed a passport so he doesn't have one of those. I'm just not sure he has a copy of his birth certificate. He is 75 and if he does have one here, We wouldn't know where to begin to look for it. Please advise me. Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


if he doesn't need your mom's income no, but he will need his W2's and write his individual income on the i864 form to separate your mom's income from the taxes if they file jointly

if he does need your mom's income, he would file the i864 as your joint sponsor and your mom would file the i864A as his household member

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.