Krystina and Andy

Timeline Confusion...NOA1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok, we got our NOA1 today. We looked at the TSC service times, which state that the average is 93 days. I understand our petition is now at CSC, but it says they are processing cases from July 2006? How quickly does this move? We are trying to set a wedding date for October, but we're just confused about the timelines. Some of the consular timelines say 204 days, is that from starting the app or from when you get the interview date notice? Realistically, what are we looking at from your experience, time-wise? We are together in England now, but I have to leave at the end of October. When i asked before, most thought that we would be there by then...what do you think?

Stressed! :help:

Thanks

September 2005- Andrew and I met

January 2006- He finally got the courage to ask me out!

June 2006- Moved in together

December 2006- Engaged!

January 27th 07- mailed the I-129F to Texas

February 15th 07- received NOA1!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

May 8th 07- "Touched" Again!!!

June 6th 07- Received the packet from the embassy in London, no approval letter or anything sent before that!

June 12th '07- Visa Medical in London

June 26th 07- online notification that our application was approved (a little late i would say!)

June 27th 07- Interview date scheduled!

August 7th- Interview at London

August 23 07- Moved to Texas

October 6 07- Married...yay!!!!!!!!!!! Best day of our lives!

The dates at the uscis web site aren't realistic for most cases. They won't talk to you on the phone unless that date has come and gone. Your best bet is to fill in your timeline here on VJ, and it will provide you with a more realistic date. CSC seems to have an average of around 3 months. Of course that's just an average, some are processed quicker, some take longer. Good luck on your journey, :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

While October sounds a long way away I would be careful about planning any wedding. A couple of RFE's or other issues and you may still be waiting for your NOA2 in Oct. I am not trying to be negative it is just there have been many people on here with wedding plans that they could not keep. If you make them, be flexible. You would best to wait in my eyes.

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Timeline
While October sounds a long way away I would be careful about planning any wedding. A couple of RFE's or other issues and you may still be waiting for your NOA2 in Oct. I am not trying to be negative it is just there have been many people on here with wedding plans that they could not keep. If you make them, be flexible. You would best to wait in my eyes.

Thanks for the advice, I'm not anticipating any RFE's, as I'm sure no one does. It's a little more straight-forward for us, we met here in England, live together here in England, so we had plenty of evidence and what not. I didn't have to get together like flight details, emails and all that. As far as sponsors go, both my parents offered to be sponsors, both make enough money to do so comfortably, and we already have a down payment together for our first house. He doesn't have any criminal record, has only ever lived in England... but of course, you never know.

I think I'm going to stick with October, I cleared it through several forums, and everyone that replied anticipated that we were going to be ok with that. Of course, I have until April/May to confirm a place, and my cake maker, photographer and florist are all family friends, so they are on stand-by for me. It's late October, so we'll see.

Thanks again,

Krystina and Andrew

December 2006- Engaged!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

June 6th 07- Received the packet from the embassy in London, no approval letter or anything sent before that!

June 26th 07- online notification that our application was approved (a little late i would say!)

Thats what we are doing too. Lookign to get married around then. I just went around, talked to all the people (cakes, photos, reception) and explained the situation. They are all being really flexible (since we are doing it on a weekday) and said to just give them a call when we know a date. Once the visa is in hand, I have my list of numbers ready to call so it will hopefully get pulled together ASAP after that :) Good luck!!! You should make that October date, at least we better get our interviews by then ;)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Thats what we are doing too. Lookign to get married around then. I just went around, talked to all the people (cakes, photos, reception) and explained the situation. They are all being really flexible (since we are doing it on a weekday) and said to just give them a call when we know a date. Once the visa is in hand, I have my list of numbers ready to call so it will hopefully get pulled together ASAP after that :) Good luck!!! You should make that October date, at least we better get our interviews by then ;)

Very smart. We are doing the same thing.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rt=#entry728517

Timeline

Same here! Getting married on a weekday, didn't bother booking a Saturday...they love you if you are doing it during the week! I think we'll get it done, you can only remain positive right. It's just that our case is so traditional and what I would consider to be text book, I've got everything I need, but its just a case of them actually looking at it. We'll see! You just never know....good luck x

December 2006- Engaged!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.