Destinee72014

Issue with Finance's child's Mother

7 posts in this topic

Good afternoon. Im not sure if anyone can give any suggestions. Yesterday my fiance was getting my step daughter's passport And to his surprise he found out she had one already had one which expired. Apparently her mother resides in the states and about 6 to 7 years ago took out the passport in miami without my finance knowledge or consent. She came to the states about 10 yrs ago and is green card holder and filed to get my step daughter up to america. When she got the passport 6 yrs ago she tried getting visiting visa denied. She now won't answer his phone calls and we included his daughter on our K1 petition. This will cause problems as apparently she is already in filing. Is there any way to cancel out the prior filing. This woman abandoned her child for 10 years. Doesn't call or keep in contact or supports her in anyway. The worst part my fiance told her what we were planning to do as far as K1 visa. She agreed to it and was on board and fail to mention that she already taken out a passport and petitioned in past. This leads me to believe she has something up her sleep. ANY advise please.

Good afternoon. Im not sure if anyone can give any suggestions. Yesterday my fiance was getting my step daughter's passport And to his surprise he found out she had one already had one which expired. Apparently her mother resides in the states and about 6 to 7 years ago took out the passport in miami without my finance knowledge or consent. She came to the states about 10 yrs ago and is green card holder and filed to get my step daughter up to america. When she got the passport 6 yrs ago she tried getting visiting visa denied. She now won't answer his phone calls and we included his daughter on our K1 petition. This will cause problems as apparently she is already in filing. Is there any way to cancel out the prior filing. This woman abandoned her child for 10 years. Doesn't call or keep in contact or supports her in anyway. The worst part my fiance told her what we were planning to do as far as K1 visa. She agreed to it and was on board and fail to mention that she already taken out a passport and petitioned in past. This leads me to believe she has something up her sleep. ANY advise please.

Who lives where and what country is the passport for?

Report the passport as lost / stolen and get a new one - And be prepared that you might need proof of full custody to bring her here

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sis slow your roll you have one side of the story, the lady 6 yrs ago did not need a consent to get her birth child

a PP (unlike US law) I understand the child lives with him and you want her on the K1 app. and I applaud you for

having interest in the child & not just him...Her consent regardless where she lives will be needed , they are not

,married & if he does not have sole & legal custody, all decisions she has to be a part of when those papers hit the

consulate, so go along to get along...you all cannot cancel a petition that she has in already.

Now if she is a LPR & petition a minor 6-7 yrs ago the child should have gotten here by now, so either she lied or

just let it go by the wayside (petition) I would suggest HE not you send a certified letter requesting the cihlds PP#,

or that she send the old one to him...Its very important.

JAMAICA will only issue a PP if U cannot present the old one with Birth, marriage.divorce (if adult) .He will be arrested

if he says the PP is lost..just as they know she was issued a PP they know it was in FL. Lost PP will not be re-issued

without a police report taken at the time it was lost or stolen, he should try to cooperate with the mother regardless,

he has his opinion & I bet she has hers .

I say sis don't get in the fighting part of things...you get more flies with honey

than filth, and note *Jamaican kids no matter what LOVE their mothers to death,

try a different "me so nice" tactic and I hope things work out

Edited by Jawaree

I have a similar situation. My fiance have physical custody of his son since he was a baby. Will he need the child's mother to sign for a passport?

For the passport one parent can sign for it. The problem you will run into is you will need the mothers written consent for his son to leave the country on the visa. Maybe he should try get legal full custody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.