SV350z

[Same Sex] NOA2? I think?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

On May 22 when I looked up my status it said this "n May 22, 2015, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt ".

Yesterday my Mom called to tell me a letter came saying it was approved (our case). So is this NOA2?

I have read over the timelines but don't understand the next steps? Will I be contacted? My Fiance's address in El Salvador has changed since the application was filed, does this mean I will need to have him tell the embassy when they get in touch with him?

Thank you

yes that is NOA2 I did the Cr-1 spouse visa instead of the K-1fiancee visa. So I am not to familiar with the next steps for you. but anyway congratulations on this part of the visa

I know it will go to the nvc but then unlike the spousal visa it does not get process there. Your petition will go to the embassy of your fiancé country via NVC

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

On May 22 when I looked up my status it said this "

n May 22, 2015, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt ".

Yesterday my Mom called to tell me a letter came saying it was approved (our case). So is this NOA2?

I have read over the timelines but don't understand the next steps? Will I be contacted? My Fiance's address in El Salvador has changed since the application was filed, does this mean I will need to have him tell the embassy when they get in touch with him?

Thank you

Yes, it is NOA2! Congratulations! :)

USCIS will very soon forward the case to NVC (National Visa Center) where a unique case number will be assigned, then NVC sends all the papers to the US Consulate in El Salvador. They will contact your fiance by sending him a step-by-step instruction package along with a list of required documents for the interview.

Yes, definitely contact the US Consulate in El Salvador regarding your fiance's address change.

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Shauneg - Because our visa is same-sex. Meaning, we are both the same gender. While it's a normal K-1 lots of things end up being weird, for example, lots of same-sex packets were getting RFE's etc for missing copies of state marriage bills and crazy things like that. Hence why I mentioned same-sex.

Anyway thanks everyone! Woohoo NOA2 with no RFE! Now I just need to figure out when to contact the US Embassy in El Salvador. Probably once I get a case number from NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Shauneg - Because our visa is same-sex. Meaning, we are both the same gender. While it's a normal K-1 lots of things end up being weird, for example, lots of same-sex packets were getting RFE's etc for missing copies of state marriage bills and crazy things like that. Hence why I mentioned same-sex.

Anyway thanks everyone! Woohoo NOA2 with no RFE! Now I just need to figure out when to contact the US Embassy in El Salvador. Probably once I get a case number from NVC.

I would understand if your first post had a question or concern about any of that but it had nothing to do with it, that's why I asked. Congrats. Good Luck...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

On May 22 when I looked up my status it said this "n May 22, 2015, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt ".

Congrats!

I would understand if your first post had a question or concern about any of that but it had nothing to do with it, that's why I asked. Congrats. Good Luck...

Ah I understand, yeah sorry for the confusion. I just mentioned it so in case anything had to be done differently, I know when I first started everyone told me to include certain things that others did not have too like the marriage bill for the state, so I always mark my subjects that way in case. Sorry to be confusing!

Thanks for the congrats! :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.