PreciousOne

About to petition my parents!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi averyone! I'm a bit confuse about my parents legal name and date of birth. In 3 months I want to petition my mom and dad! So I let them secure their NSO birth certificate and Marriage certificate. Now both of them have their their problem.

My mom has no record of birth certificate. So to provide the requirement for late registration, they need her baptismal certificate. But the problem is her date of birth is different form her date of birth that she now using which I also used when I entered the U.S.

My dad has no middle name. And he's using Cruz as his middle name but in their marriage certificate and in his birth certicate, Dela Cruz is his moms surname. So the advice of our lawyer is use the dela Cruz instead of Cruz.

Now,my question is when I entered the U.S. and filled out those application and form I wrote those dates and name that they are using now. But on their Birth certificate it is different! Would that a problem in the future petition because the one that I used before was different from the one that iam going to use on their petition now? Which is the bday of my mom and middle name of my dad? Hope you guys can help and advice me on this. Thank you!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will hv to have them adjust that birth certificate to what you filled out before if possible. Stick with what you hv filled out before with the date and name. Let them go adjust those papers to the info they gave you before. Otherwise you run the risk of trying to explain this.

May your VJ be a fruitful one! Dad petition for Nne Visa type: Family Based 2APD - Jan 27, 20071st interview..12/14/2010Appointment for DNA Collection in Nig..March 30,2011VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!! No questions...May 23rd, 2011Mom petition for DuumVisa type: Family Based 2BPD...............May 21, 2005Approval notice..June 10, 2009Received Choice of Agent.........October 15, 2010Mailed CoA to NVC................Dec 17, 2010IV bill generated................Jan 04, 2011IV bill & AOS bill rec'd & paid..Jan 10, 2011AOS mailed to NVC................Jan 14, 2011IV packet mailed to NVC..........Feb 01, 2011IV packet received by NVC........Feb 14, 2011Case completed at NVC............Feb 23rd, 2011Interview...................................June 14, 2013 DNA sample collection for July 8Visa approval upon receipt of DNA result.. Now in the USA! (Sept, 2013)<p>Dad petition for ZeeVisa type: Family Based 2B - Upgraded to F1 12/2011PD...............Jan 27,2007 Approval notice..Aug 06, 2009, Rec'd COA & AOS request 12/16/2011 3/14/2014 interview.. visa granted! Dad for Kay FB2 - Upgraded to F1 12/2011 PD..........March 28, 2008Approval notice........Oct 27, 2009, Interview for 01/21/2016. Visa granted! no DNA requested!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.