Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Getting an Australian Police Clearance, Please Help

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone

thank you for your great support as usual.

I need to know if it is required for me to get a police clearance from Australia, as i am jordanian and i stayed there on a student visa for 2 years.

is it mandatory to get it? if yes, then how and is name check only enough?

please advise.

Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you must get a PCC from Australia, no exceptions. They are REQUIRED from every country you have lived in for 6 months or more after turning the age of 16. It must cover your entire stay in that country. My husband had to get one from Oman because he lived there until 7 months after he turned 16.

And what name check are you talking about? It is your responsibility to get the PCC, not the consulate's.

Edited by mimolicious

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for your reply.


there are two types of police clearance, one is only a name check where you send them a copy of your passport and many other documents.

the other type is the fingerprint, where you have to send them your fingerprints, and they will issue you the PCC based on it.

as mentioned in this link: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/selectedapplicants/reqddocs.html


  • Required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older.
  • Required if you have resided in Australia for a minimum of 6 months. Police certificates must list ALL ALIASES used during or prior to your residence in that country OR be based on fingerprints. When applying for an Australian police certificate, be sure to note that your request is for the purpose of immigration and for a “Complete Disclosure”.
  • Valid for 12 months and must be valid when entering the U.S.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this also


Police Certificates - All Australia
  • Available
  • Fees: Refer to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) website for the current fee
  • Document Name: National Police Certificate
  • Issuing Authority: Australian Federal Police
  • Procedure for Obtaining: Follow instructions on the Australian Federal Police (AFP) website.
  • Comments:

National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used.

Applicants who are required to provide an Australian police certificate should present it at the time of interview or request that it be sent directly to the Consulate where they will apply.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.