Idy Fdez

Montreal 221g Administrative Proccesing for IR1/Cr1 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to All:

My husband had his interview May 21/2015 Even though the agent told him "everything looks fine", gave him a 221g, (white form) told him to wait about 30 days and gave him his passport back. I,m checking CEAC every hour, its under Administrative Processing. I was not at the interview because I thought the case was very clean and clear.

He was born in Cuba, Canadian Citizen for 10 years, has been in the US many times as a tourist for the past 10 years.

Anybody with similar situation??...... How long you've been waiting? :cry:

Timeline

We are in a similar situation. However my understanding is if they give you a 221g the CO tells you why and what you need to do. We were missing his PC from Jamaica where he lived until 40 years ago. Has been a Canadian citizen for over 30 years.. We provided the missing document and Loomis delivered it with his passport since 5/19 and to date CEAC has not been updated so I take that to mean the CO has not even opened the packet we sent. Very frustrated right now and feel like we are trapped in a time warp... just waiting AGAIN!!! !!

Timeline

Hi! That's my concern the CO only said "Everything looks fine". but still give him the form. We are guessing that is because he's original from Cuba and its a communist country, but his records from there are clean. You are absolutely right, Its a very frustrating situation :-(

Case was updated this afternoon From Administrative Processing to Case at NVC. And now again, to Administrative processing. (2 times in 1 day)

Hope you get an answer soon. :-)

Timeline

Hi there yes.File was updated on 5/29 but it was still in AP.Yesterday 6/2 it changed to READY.. They updated again today but still says READY.Fingers crossed it changes to Issued soon. Hang in there .They seem too be moving based on when they received your documents. I will keep you posted.

Timeline

Hi Idy any updates for you??? We are still showing READY since 6/2. There have been 3 updates. 6/3, 6/4 and today 6/8.I haven't called so I am assuming it means that they are working on his file. Anyone in a similar position?Z?p i

Timeline

Hi CandAm!!

Thank you so much for keeping me posted. it's definitely a good sign they are updating the file. (at least we know they are doing something! :-)
Nothing has happened on mine yet.
I've been searching for similar cases in MTL but couldn't find recent posts.
will love to find out how is going for others at same consulate.
I think in yours its just a matter of days :):)

Timeline

Hi Idy stay encouraged. I found several posts similar to yours and mine.. From what I can gather it takes them about 10 days to actually update receipt of any documents you send them. Then it takes another 7 business days to change your Status from AP to READY. Then another 7business days to change to ISSUED. During that time whenever you see the update date change if you have'nt been calling or emailing they are checking the documents,printing your visa, preparing your BIG BROWN ENVELOPE ,Preparing your air bill to send to Loomis etc. The CEAC site cannot explain all that so it updates the dates but it stays on whatever status you are on until they actually change the status.In the case of situations where you originated from another country like your hubby by birth or heritage they do an in depth Washington search and that seems to drag on without any clear timelines. That's why the CO told him 30 days but from what I can see everyone eventually gets the Visa so hang in there. Last week a couple that was missing a document like my hubby and who interviewed after him got their Visa. Their missing document got to Montreal aout 5 days before my hubby's because we had to get his from Jamaica. So if I follow their timeline fingers crossed we should hear something soon and so will you. I will keep you updated .j.i

Edited by CandAm

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi CandAm!!

So sorry didn't reply to you! I thought I have done it!! I been writing in various post at least give me hope :-)

There's so many affected by the situation with the system. But I think you will hear good news really soon!!!

Montreal is not restored yet but hopefully by the end of the week (according to DoS Visas) :dancing:

My hubby still on AP so... still waiting :clock:

:) :)

Timeline

Hi Idy,

Yes keeping my fingers crossed on Montreal. This has been to me the most awful part of this never ending journey because the level of transparency starting with when their technical issues started to really what has been fixed has been very concerning. My hubby's file was last updated on 6/16 but still says READY.Anyway we have to stay positive. I will keep you updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.