Falene

TSC Processing Time at CSC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm trying to understand why my case is taking so long at the California Service Center. I mailed my petition to Texas and then it was immediately transferred to California back in September. I received an RFE at the end of October and the return envelope went to California. So, it seems that it should have been processed by now. I have been waiting 8 months which is more like Texas processing time. Even my timeline mentions that 30 days have been added to the estimate for processing RFE at the Texas Service Center. This also confuses me because my case is in California. Does anyone have any insight into this or ideas about why it is taking so long?

Edited by Falene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You weren't transferred you sent the petition to the lockbox in Dallas. If you were at Texas then transferred you'd have a SRC but I bet it's WAC. That's why your timeline is giving confusing info to you and dates. Take off the servicing/transfer part of your timeiline and change it to Califonia. Anyway, that is quite awhile to take after an RFE. What was the RFE for and what did you give them? That will help us to help you.

Timeline

Thank you for the information. I'm going to correct my timeline now. You are correct, it is WAC. The RFE was for an IMBRA waiver due to having a petition approved in less than 2 years. I sent back a letter requesting the waiver and explained what happened after his interview last time. (Sent back to USCIS) I also sent a copy of the letter from USCIS that said we could apply again. First petition was filed November 2012 and approved April 2013. His interview was June 19, 2013. The letter from USCIS that closed the case was dated September 9, 2013.

EDIT: Now it really doesn't make sense because it is giving November 2014 as when it should be processed. This makes it more frustrating that we have been waiting so long.

Edited by Falene

Thank you for the information. I'm going to correct my timeline now. You are correct, it is WAC. The RFE was for an IMBRA waiver due to having a petition approved in less than 2 years. I sent back a letter requesting the waiver and explained what happened after his interview last time. (Sent back to USCIS) I also sent a copy of the letter from USCIS that said we could apply again. First petition was filed November 2012 and approved April 2013. His interview was June 19, 2013. The letter from USCIS that closed the case was dated September 9, 2013.

EDIT: Now it really doesn't make sense because it is giving November 2014 as when it should be processed. This makes it more frustrating that we have been waiting so long.

If you are at CSC, then you should be well over processing times (if you were TSC this wait would actually be normal). Give them a call or go to the website and put in a service request. If you get no results, my suggestion is to go to your senator or congressperson and get the ball rolling.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

I'm sorry if I missed this info but I don't think you mentioned if USCIS acknowledged receiving the documents you sent back to them. I second the call/ service request suggestion of poster above me.

Timeline

I put in a request in both March and April. Both times the response was that they can not give me a time frame. I am planning to contact my Senator today. I did not take any action because I was watching the processing time at TSC.

They did acknowledge receiving my response on Nov 18. Our status has been the same since then. It says I should receive a response by Jan 17. I called on Jan 20 and they said that the 60 days is just an estimate. Also at that time, he said that they could not request anything until the 5 months passed. I called again in Feb, then sent the requests in March and April.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.