BryterMoon

Getting the fiance visa interview faster? Pregnant fiance needs me.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Im from the UK, and my fiance is a USC from Indiana. We are on the last stage of our fiance visa process. I have submitted the ''ready for interview'' form last week, and in every other aspect i am ready too.

Im currently awaiting my interview date at the London embassy, having had my medical last Friday and seemingly passed (I havent heard anything, and they said no news is good news.)

My fiance is currently 22 weeks pregnant and in recent weeks has had a few scares to do with the baby. As you can imagine, me the father being here in the UK away from my fiance is complete torture. I need to be with her, for both physical and emotional support. I was wondering how i would go about contacting the embassy and trying to get my interview date asap? Im not even sure it would do anything to beg for a interview soon, but i need to try everything to get back asap.

There is always the option of visiting her, but i wouldn't want to risk messing things up at this point.

Any help in this matter would be great, and i appreciate i am not the only person waiting, having a difficult time, and wanting my interview soon.

Thank you,

Regards,

Neil

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Their contact details are here: http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/uscis_contact.html No harm in asking.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Thank you, i was a little confused on who to contact exactly with US side and all, but thats a great help. Thank you.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Might as well ask. Tell them you can take a last-minute cancellation.

Also, as long as someone is checking your mail for an interview letter so you don's miss it, visiting won't mess anything up. But hope you get an interview soon!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Timeline

Thank you, thats a good idea. I'll mention taking any last-minute cancellations.

Thank you, i was a little confused on who to contact exactly with US side and all, but thats a great help. Thank you.

That above is not the contact form you need. USCIS office in London has nothing to do with interviews.

You need the Immigrant Visa Unit. Choose the next to last choice for reason.

http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Tell you story and that you have had your medical and everything is submitted. Ask to take a short notice cancellation if one comes available. Maybe you will get lucky.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

That above is not the contact form you need. USCIS office in London has nothing to do with interviews.

You need the Immigrant Visa Unit. Choose the next to last choice for reason.

http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Tell you story and that you have had your medical and everything is submitted. Ask to take a short notice cancellation if one comes available. Maybe you will get lucky.

Thanks, perfect.

Appreciate your help.

Timeline

Got an update, got a email today.

Sadly they cant help us get a interview faster, to say im crushed, is a understatement. I could go and visit her, but having only come back from a 8 week trip 2 weeks ago, i think i would encounter issues. I may only have another month or so to wait, but the thought of missing that time with my other half, is deeply saddening.

Feeling very dissapointed at the moment, it was a small hope that something would happen, but i guess at this point we are just numbers.

Thank you all for your help though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Got an update, got a email today.

Sadly they cant help us get a interview faster, to say im crushed, is a understatement. I could go and visit her, but having only come back from a 8 week trip 2 weeks ago, i think i would encounter issues. I may only have another month or so to wait, but the thought of missing that time with my other half, is deeply saddening.

Feeling very dissapointed at the moment, it was a small hope that something would happen, but i guess at this point we are just numbers.

Thank you all for your help though.

Sorry that they wouldn't help you. I imagine you and your fiancee are in a very emotionally challenging position. There are a lot of others on the site going through being apart while pregnant and even after the child is born. If you're interested in reaching out to anyone, I bet you could find some folks who can relate and help support you in the CRBA section of the forum. Even though you don't have to do CRBA, a lot of people who are separated during pregnancy do and you can meet some of them there.

Timeline

Sorry that they wouldn't help you. I imagine you and your fiancee are in a very emotionally challenging position. There are a lot of others on the site going through being apart while pregnant and even after the child is born. If you're interested in reaching out to anyone, I bet you could find some folks who can relate and help support you in the CRBA section of the forum. Even though you don't have to do CRBA, a lot of people who are separated during pregnancy do and you can meet some of them there.

Thank you Wooderz, i have a look.

Timeline

Hello again,

Still waiting on my interview letter from the embassy. My medical was on the 15th, but still I'm eager to find out my date.

Should I hope to find out in the next week or so?

Seems from reading most get the letter about 2 weeks after medical. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Can't wait to get home with my beautiful fiance and child. Helps to read other people going through the same thing. I'm glad to be at this stage, but the unknowing is torture.

We are both holding on to hope for something soon.

Interviews are usually granted a month from the Medical.

So expect your interview to be around the 15th June, or sometime within that week.

Yay!

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

Interviews are usually granted a month from the Medical.

So expect your interview to be around the 15th June, or sometime within that week.

Yay!

Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Still no sign of letter, im at the two week mark tomorrow. Would it be too early to enquire with the embassy about it?

I've also read about people contacting the department of state,but can't seem to find the correct phone number.

Thanks for your help everyone.

The Dept of State quit discussing K1 cases about a year ago. Too many people calling over and over instead of waiting to hear from the embassy. Sometimes NVC will tell you if it has already been enter into the computer and if you get a nice person. Sometimes the embassy will answer your email and sometimes they don't.

Have you looked at the times in this thread to see how long after the medical people had their interview ? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/549078-medical-to-interview-date-how-long-2015-data/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

The Dept of State quit discussing K1 cases about a year ago. Too many people calling over and over instead of waiting to hear from the embassy. Sometimes NVC will tell you if it has already been enter into the computer and if you get a nice person. Sometimes the embassy will answer your email and sometimes they don't.

Have you looked at the times in this thread to see how long after the medical people had their interview ? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/549078-medical-to-interview-date-how-long-2015-data/

Thanks for the info,

The times in that thread make for very depressing reading, going to miss so much of my fiances pregnancy if it is the 7+ weeks of late. Trying to keep positive, incredibly hard to do so. How do people handle this wait? Its torture.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.