4 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!!!

I married my husband (Beneficiary) about 2 months ago and we want to file for AOS, but I am not sure what to do in my situation. On my 2014 taxes, I made about 11,000 because I was going to school and working part time, but starting this week I started working full time. My question is, do I have to wait until I get paid for the full 6 weeks in order to submit AOS, or can I just ask my employeer for a letter stating what I am making now and send a copy of my taxes even though i made 11,000? Also, we are trying to get a checking account together, and i am not sure how else we can prove our relationship is real since we are renting a room together, so we do not have a lease or anything else like that; I do not have insurance or anything else.

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

To prove that your marriage real you may use pictures of you two, including pictures with friends and family, letters, cards that have both of your names on them, also bills with both of your names, a copy of your marriage certificate is a proof too. Maybe some other correspondence, bills that your spouse paid for you (for example, medical bills or mail receipts if you mailed any packages to your home country) can be a proof too. Some people even attach wedding dress receipts etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can state your current income and provide proof of that current income with a letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs to show that you are now working full time instead of part time and meet the income requirement.

You do not need to send any proof of marriage/relationship with the initial filing of the I-485, other than a copy of your marriage cerificate. Save those things to take to the interview, if you even have one. Get the joint account, provide a letter from whomever rents you the room that you two reside there together. Show bills at the same address, or other joint accounts of any type that you may have by then. They tend to understand you will not have much evidence yet. Keep saving and working on the evidence though because you will need plenty when it comes time to file for ROC.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thank you for your answers!!

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.