Team MicVic!

Guys!!!! CASE COMPLETED AT NVC !! tears of joy!!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lucky you. My scan is March 19th, and i still haven't gotten a case complete yet. Now it will take them another 30 days for them to schedule your interview. Ridiculous government agency

Why so long? Did you get a checklist? So far the people I know from here were reviewed within 30 days. That's too long

Yep. I got a checklist after 50 days of case pending at NVC. I even sent the document they are requesting before. That's why i'm so pissed of about the whole process. I asked for supervisor review, it's been 3 weeks already and nothing happen. I lost faith in this government agency so called NVC. I feel like those employees don't know what they are doing. This is screwing up my whole plan.

Timeline

Yep. I got a checklist after 50 days of case pending at NVC. I even sent the document they are requesting before. That's why i'm so pissed of about the whole process. I asked for supervisor review, it's been 3 weeks already and nothing happen. I lost faith in this government agency so called NVC. I feel like those employees don't know what they are doing. This is screwing up my whole plan.

They really don't know what they're doing. Most times I was the one explaining the process and documents. Pretty scary. Make sure you're calling everyday. I would call early in the morning when it appeared to be more competent people answering the phone. I hope your case gets completed next week. Sorry for your stress. I'm so over the process too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got case complete after 60 days. At the 45th day they placed me in review. But it was done quickly. I never received a checklist nor false one. My scan date was 3/13. Things happen for a reason. My cc was done 5/11. Which is the 60 day mark and what my husband and I expected. Yay

Timeline

congratulations! :)

Does the NVC mail back that the case is completed ? or do we directly get a mail containing the interview letter ?

We recieved an email stating everything was complete and once an interview becomes available they will notify us.

Edited by MrsBeaver

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called the Nvc on the 15th and was told I had case complete on that date. I'm waiting to receive the letter via email now.

Luckier than some since I'm Canadian though. I'm hoping to have my interview date within the next two weeks.

Timeline

I got case complete after 60 days. At the 45th day they placed me in review. But it was done quickly. I never received a checklist nor false one. My scan date was 3/13. Things happen for a reason. My cc was done 5/11. Which is the 60 day mark and what my husband and I expected. Yay

Hello Congrats! ! I see we are both waiting for interviews to be scheduled in Lagos. Any luck yet? They told me interviews are usually scheduled at the end of the month.

congratulations!:)

Does the NVC mail back that the case is completed ? or do we directly get a mail containing the interview letter ?

Hello! I called and got the update. Apparently they do email you but it's usually some days after your case is updated. Calling worked best for me.

Timeline

I called the Nvc on the 15th and was told I had case complete on that date. I'm waiting to receive the letter via email now.

Luckier than some since I'm Canadian though. I'm hoping to have my interview date within the next two weeks.

Congrats! And yes you are luckier than most being Canadian, as far as the interview wait time and less scrutiny based on your location. Good luck!

Timeline

Hello Congrats! ! I see we are both waiting for interviews to be scheduled in Lagos. Any luck yet? They told me interviews are usually scheduled at the end of the month.

Hello! I called and got the update. Apparently they do email you but it's usually some days after your case is updated. Calling worked best for me.

Nope, not yet. I'm assuming this week and next week would they would start scheduling for July. Its someone who was approved in 47 days and just got CC on 5/14 and has interview schedule for 6/4/15. ( This seems expedite, not typical) Good luck, I will call on Friday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

We had submitted our AOS along with the documents( Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, passport copy,Police clearance etc) and DS-260 (submitted online) in one package to NVC on April 16th. .

Exactly one month later , we got a mail from NVC yesterday - a checklist cover letter from NVC asking us to send Birth certificate , passport copy and Marriage certificate). On calling them, they confirmed that other documents were there except for Birth certificate, Marriage certificate , passport copy and Police clearance.

I am not sure what went wrong as those documents were sent in one single package.

We anyway sent the required documents again to NVC on May 21st. Bad luck , really ! Will it again take a month from May 21st for NVc to CC ? Do you think July interview is possible ?How long after the interview will we know about the visa being granted.

PD: 25 th Sept,2014

Timeline

Hi All,

We had submitted our AOS along with the documents( Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, passport copy,Police clearance etc) and DS-260 (submitted online) in one package to NVC on April 16th. .

Exactly one month later , we got a mail from NVC yesterday - a checklist cover letter from NVC asking us to send Birth certificate , passport copy and Marriage certificate). On calling them, they confirmed that other documents were there except for Birth certificate, Marriage certificate , passport copy and Police clearance.

I am not sure what went wrong as those documents were sent in one single package.

We anyway sent the required documents again to NVC on May 21st. Bad luck , really ! Will it again take a month from May 21st for NVc to CC ? Do you think July interview is possible ?How long after the interview will we know about the visa being granted.

PD: 25 th Sept,2014

Hi. Sorry for all of your troubles. Most people are saying their cases were reviewed in about 2-3 weeks after they received a checklist but of course it varies from one case to the next. For Nigeria I'm told it's about 60 days from case complete to interview date and about a week to pick up your visa if approved. I'm not sure about India.i also heard NVC will be scheduling July interviews from May 26th thru June 8th. This is all here say.

Edited by Team MicVic!

Timeline

Hi. Sorry for all of your troubles. Most people are saying their cases were reviewed in about 2-3 weeks after they received a checklist but of course it varies from one case to the next. For Nigeria I'm told it's about 60 days from case complete to interview date and about a week to pick up your visa if approved. I'm not sure about India.i also heard NVC will be scheduling July interviews from May 26th thru June 8th. This is all here say.

Good Morning,

Have your received an interview yet? I'm on hold right now waiting to see. This was the fasted I've ever gotten through, without calling 50xs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.