GWAPOBOT

I-134 Affidavit of Support question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am currently researching the K-1 Visa process, I will be going to the Philippines in 2 months to meet my fiance in person. I plan to file for the K-1 Visa soon after. I probably will have many questions down the road, but I was wondering if my w2 and tax returns are enough proof of being able to support my fiance. I made over 70k and 80k the last 2 years, so I am way over the limit needed. Will I need to go get more proof that is listed in the guides such as a letter from my employer and bank? Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Anthony

07/24/2015 - I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

07/27/2015 - I-129F Received by USCIS

07/29/2015 - NOA1 I-129F accepted by USCIS

07/30/2015 - NOA1 Electronic Notification

08/03/2115 - Paper NOA1 Received

08/12/2015 - NOA2 Official Date

08/17/2015 - NOA2 Paper Notice Received via USPS

09/09/2015 - NVC Receive

09/11/2015 - NVC Left

09/15/2015 - Consulate Received

09/28/2015 - Interview Date / Passed

:dancing::wow::dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the I-134 I just submitted a W2, bank statement and a couple of payslips. You should be fine for the initial check. I understand they look closer at the AOS stage but you will sail through with what you are earning.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, this website is amazing. When I first started looking into a k-1 visa, it made me think I needed a lawyer, now i feel i can do this without one. There is so many good people and information here. Thank you all for your responses.

Anthony

Anthony

07/24/2015 - I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

07/27/2015 - I-129F Received by USCIS

07/29/2015 - NOA1 I-129F accepted by USCIS

07/30/2015 - NOA1 Electronic Notification

08/03/2115 - Paper NOA1 Received

08/12/2015 - NOA2 Official Date

08/17/2015 - NOA2 Paper Notice Received via USPS

09/09/2015 - NVC Receive

09/11/2015 - NVC Left

09/15/2015 - Consulate Received

09/28/2015 - Interview Date / Passed

:dancing::wow::dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, this website is amazing. When I first started looking into a k-1 visa, it made me think I needed a lawyer, now i feel i can do this without one. There is so many good people and information here. Thank you all for your responses.

Anthony

Waste of money and time using a lawyer.

Philippines is the easiest and fastest to get you petition approved.

For the last few months at the interview stage in Manila at US Embassy they are not asking for any taxes, or paystubs or W2's. But have just in case..

Good Luck and we have a section down a little bit in on the board called regional area and there is a Philippines section if you have specific question regarding K1 for Philippines or Interview question

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Ill ask here instead of making a new topic...

As far as the statement from the bank, they are useless, I went into my branch and they didnt help at all, gave me a phone number to call to have it sent to me. I called and they said what im asking for I need to do it person.

So I have my employment letter, 2013 & 2014 W2's & tax returns...could I just print out my current statements online for both my checkings and savings, I found a summary page with all info that seems to be needed for both accounts, I can also print out statements and add in previous pay stubs. Should that be good enough or does an officer from the bank need to sign off the stuff on an official letterhead?

Edited by NickH1987

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello,

I am unemplyed but I can manage to have a co sponsor or joint sponsor. Would that be eligble in the consulate of pakistan?

and do i need to send a 134 along with the co sponsor/ joint sponsor's i134????

please let me know,

Edited by aishabi

Ill ask here instead of making a new topic...

As far as the statement from the bank, they are useless, I went into my branch and they didnt help at all, gave me a phone number to call to have it sent to me. I called and they said what im asking for I need to do it person.

So I have my employment letter, 2013 & 2014 W2's & tax returns...could I just print out my current statements online for both my checkings and savings, I found a summary page with all info that seems to be needed for both accounts, I can also print out statements and add in previous pay stubs. Should that be good enough or does an officer from the bank need to sign off the stuff on an official letterhead?

Yes, printing it out is good enough. My husband did that for my interview but they never looked at it. If you meet the poverty guideline, they really have no interest in how much you have on your savings.

hello,

I am unemplyed but I can manage to have a co sponsor or joint sponsor. Would that be eligble in the consulate of pakistan?

and do i need to send a 134 along with the co sponsor/ joint sponsor's i134????

please let me know,

Does Pakistan allow co-sponsors? Yes because there is no rule against it. But they can accept/refuse it anytime. It's on a case to case basis and I heard they are very strict.

Yes, both you and your co-sponsor will need to fill in the I-134, and once you are married and filing for Adjustment of Status, you and the co-sponsor will need to fill in the I-864 too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, printing it out is good enough. My husband did that for my interview but they never looked at it. If you meet the poverty guideline, they really have no interest in how much you have on your savings.

Does Pakistan allow co-sponsors? Yes because there is no rule against it. But they can accept/refuse it anytime. It's on a case to case basis and I heard they are very strict.

Yes, both you and your co-sponsor will need to fill in the I-134, and once you are married and filing for Adjustment of Status, you and the co-sponsor will need to fill in the I-864 too.

Thats sounds great,, Now i feel a bit relieved. I do need to check with the pakistani consulate to make sure if they do accept it or no

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.