linijka

Delays in getting interview letter - Long Island

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

we had our biometric screeing at the end of March in the field office in Holtsville, Long Island. We have been waiting since then for the interview letter. I checked the case status, but it doesn't show any updates since March 9th, when fee for biometric screening was accepted.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any advises how to get information on processing time?

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

we had our biometric screeing at the end of March in the field office in Holtsville, Long Island. We have been waiting since then for the interview letter. I checked the case status, but it doesn't show any updates since March 9th, when fee for biometric screening was accepted.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any advises how to get information on processing time?

You should schedule an INFOPASS and pay your FO a visit, just like Susie suggested. Even if they end up telling you to go back and continue waiting, visiting them kind of brings your case back to their attention and could possibly nudge things along.

• 1 month later...

You should schedule an INFOPASS and pay your FO a visit, just like Susie suggested. Even if they end up telling you to go back and continue waiting, visiting them kind of brings your case back to their attention and could possibly nudge things along.

I went for INFOPASS in Holtsville. The officer was very helpful and said that office in NY handles all DV cases and they are delayed, leaving all DV cases for later. He said if we don't get the letter in the next weeks I should schedule another appointment and he will put me in line for the interview. However now the website does not allow me to make an appointment.

I called USCIS infoline and they said once the case is filed the deadline of Sepr. 30th does not apply. We are in a pool for 2015 DV and I was convinced that we have only until the end of fiscal 2015. Was I incorrect?

I went for INFOPASS in Holtsville. The officer was very helpful and said that office in NY handles all DV cases and they are delayed, leaving all DV cases for later. He said if we don't get the letter in the next weeks I should schedule another appointment and he will put me in line for the interview. However now the website does not allow me to make an appointment.

I called USCIS infoline and they said once the case is filed the deadline of Sepr. 30th does not apply. We are in a pool for 2015 DV and I was convinced that we have only until the end of fiscal 2015. Was I incorrect?

The infoline was absolutely wrong. If the visa is not issued by 30 September you lose out.

Sadly I think you are falling victim to the fact that there such a small number of DV AoS cases every year that even many USCIS personnel don't know how it works. Keep trying to schedule another appointment ...not sure what else you can do at the moment.

Filed: Timeline

Is there a chance I can still get the appointment? Should I try every day?

Keep checking for an INFOPASS opening on a daily basis, as a matter of fact check more than once a day. You might want to be checking early in the morning, at noon and later in the evening. An open slot might eventually show up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.