good_good

DV Lottery - is there any hurry in filling DS-260 form ?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Experts,

My application got selected in DV lottery 2016.

As I can read somewhere the interview for DV2016 will start from October 2015 through Sept 2016.

Also, once DS-260 form for Visa Application is submitted, KCC will take 4-6 weeks to share the interview date for that application.

So my question is, should I fill the DS-260 form in August or Sept month so that I will get interview call on October ?

Or should I do it right now itself (as soon as possible) ?

Please suggest the logic behind and the best approach as per your experience.

Thank you in advance,

good_good

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello sir

Just to share what I have read through the last week as we almost have the same case

1- It is better to finalize you DS-APP ASAP as mentioned in the entry

2- Your interview time will depend on the location and case number. eg case number 2015AF00032XXX is currently being interviewed according to the visa bulletin for May 2015 http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-may-2015.html

Hopefully I don't misunderstand

Regards,

As Haitham said, how quick you need to be depends on your case number.

Also bear in mind KCC does not immediately process your DS as soon as you submit. It can take a few months to do so (used to be 1-2 months with DS230s but it has been 3-4 months more recently). They have tens of thousands of forms to process which they do first come first served (so someone with a lower CN than you who sends their DS earlier will have it processed before yours), then they initiate the initial background checks etc - all while dealing with the current batch of DV2015 winners and interviews.

Only once they have finished processing your form will they schedule an interview. Interview scheduling takes place once a month, around the beginning of the month. They notify 6-8 weeks in advance.

So working backwards for an example: if you have a very low case number and will be current in October, you want KCC to have finished processing your application by very early August, which means - on an assumption of 3 months to process - that you need to have submitted it by ...around now.

If you have a high CN and will interview later, there is not such a need to rush.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.