Shauna&Wael

Interview in Tunis - Necessary for USC to go?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello :)

I need answers from people who are experienced with this embassy and its general rules.

My husband is a Tunisian national, and I am a United States Citizen (his wife). My question, is it absolutely necessary for me to attend his interview for the CR-1 / IR-1 visa? (It will become IR-1 visa in July)

If I do attend, will I be allowed inside? Will he be able to show the CO my passport as proof of me being there?

Is this a discretionary rule dependent on whatever the CO wants? If the CO decides they want to question me, will they set up another interview if I'm not there?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Nothing? Please, I need guidance on this before the interview which will likely be less than 2 months away.

Baby what we have"

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm married to Tunisian also.and as far as I know your not requested to be there at least I wasn't.but looking at embassy info on vj you are allowed to attend.my husband received a 221g and is at USCIS as of yesterday.I WILL attend his second interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello :)

I need answers from people who are experienced with this embassy and its general rules.

My husband is a Tunisian national, and I am a United States Citizen (his wife). My question, is it absolutely necessary for me to attend his interview for the CR-1 / IR-1 visa? (It will become IR-1 visa in July)

If I do attend, will I be allowed inside? Will he be able to show the CO my passport as proof of me being there?

Is this a discretionary rule dependent on whatever the CO wants? If the CO decides they want to question me, will they set up another interview if I'm not there?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi

I am new here

I am sponsoring my husband he is from Tunisia but he is in Canada now

I sent the paperwork already but i got a letter saying that they need more information to know if the relationship is bona fide (real) so i am sending all the proofs photos etc but they want a marriage certificate that is issued by the civil authorities. I only have one marriage certificate and i translated

We got married in Tunisia . Do you know what kind of certificate you need to provide?

I live i California I will appeciate the info THX!

Timeline

Hi

I am new here

I am sponsoring my husband he is from Tunisia but he is in Canada now

I sent the paperwork already but i got a letter saying that they need more information to know if the relationship is bona fide (real) so i am sending all the proofs photos etc but they want a marriage certificate that is issued by the civil authorities. I only have one marriage certificate and i translated

We got married in Tunisia . Do you know what kind of certificate you need to provide?

I live i California I will appeciate the info THX!

my husband and i got married in the city hall of sorts there, and that's where he got the original marriage certificate. this link is all you need to know:

http://tunisia.usembassy.gov/marriage-tunisia.html

feel free to ask any more questions :)

Baby what we have"

Timeline

I did not attend the interview, and it is not required, you can go with them and wait but from what my husband says they didnt interview the spouses there and told them they couldnt be apart of the interview but noted they were there. The interview went easily for my husband and they expect you to speak english. If you have any questions feel free to message me back :D

event.png

Timeline

I did not attend the interview, and it is not required, you can go with them and wait but from what my husband says they didnt interview the spouses there and told them they couldnt be apart of the interview but noted they were there. The interview went easily for my husband and they expect you to speak english. If you have any questions feel free to message me back :D

It seems like such a mixed bag with this embassy. Seems like half the COs are easy and half are very scrutinizing! With my luck, I know he will get the very difficult CO. I really want to save the money, but I don't want to have any regrets. Plus, I would like to see his family one more time before the big move (fingers crossed). Thank you for your response :)

Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.