Maria TH

Dallas Field Office Oath Ceremony

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi VJers.. I have filed N-400 last month (April 2015) - My field office is Dallas office.

I went back to check the threads of each month filers, every months back to September 2014 filers. I have not seen any one from Dallas field office has oath ceremony at all, a lot of them already had their interviews since March and April.

The latest one I saw was for one of the August 2014 filer who had his/her oath ceremony on 4/30/15.

For the Dallas Field Office filers, if you can give some info?

Is it because they just did not get back to the forum to update or is it because Dallas Field Office doesn't conduct oath ceremony as often as they says on USCIS website as quoted below?

Naturalization Ceremonies

The Dallas Field Office conducts Judicial Ceremonies approximately 3 times per month and Administrative Ceremonies on a daily basis. This office does conduct same-day naturalization ceremonies.

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/texas-dallas-field-office#Naturalization%20Ceremonies

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi VJers.. I have filed N-400 last month (April 2015) - My field office is Dallas office.

I went back to check the threads of each month filers, every months back to September 2014 filers. I have not seen any one from Dallas field office has oath ceremony at all, a lot of them already had their interviews since March and April.

The latest one I saw was for one of the August 2014 filer who had his/her oath ceremony on 4/30/15.

For the Dallas Field Office filers, if you can give some info?

Is it because they just did not get back to the forum to update or is it because Dallas Field Office doesn't conduct oath ceremony as often as they says on USCIS website as quoted below?

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/texas-dallas-field-office#Naturalization%20Ceremonies

No... They probably are conducting as many ceremonies as they say on the website.

It just sounds like they are conducting oath ceremonies for people who applied in August and September... they haven't got to applicants who applied after September yet. If they had ceremonies for October applicants last month, then they should have ceremonies for September applicants this month, for November applicants next month, for December applicants in July, etc.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Texas has been slow -- Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin -- pretty much everywhere in the bigger cities. In our case, we filed in September and just had the oath ceremony in Austin last week -- eight months.

342 new citizens from 75 countries.

Edited by Done--Really

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No... They probably are conducting as many ceremonies as they say on the website.

It just sounds like they are conducting oath ceremonies for people who applied in August and September... they haven't got to applicants who applied after September yet. If they had ceremonies for October applicants last month, then they should have ceremonies for September applicants this month, for November applicants next month, for December applicants in July, etc.

Texas has been slow -- Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin -- pretty much everywhere in the bigger cities. In our case, we filed in September and just had the oath ceremony in Austin last week -- eight months.

342 new citizens from 75 countries.

ohhh wow! so if the process goes at the same pace, it will take around 5-6 months from filing to the interview then wait another 2 months for oath ceremony...

I filed in April, most likely will get an interview in Sep or Oct and Oath ceremony in December..

geezzz, I plan to go back to visit my home country may be November this year, I think I have to be careful about the timeline.

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ohhh wow! so if the process goes at the same pace, it will take around 5-6 months from filing to the interview then wait another 2 months for oath ceremony...

I filed in April, most likely will get an interview in Sep or Oct and Oath ceremony in December..

geezzz, I plan to go back to visit my home country may be November this year, I think I have to be careful about the timeline.

Just try to keep your travel plans as flexible as possible. Things change pretty quickly with USCIS.

For example, in Houston:

Applicants who applied in December 2013 were having oath ceremonies in April 2014.

Applicants who applied in December 2014 are expecting oath ceremonies in July 2015.

If you have to travel, then you can reschedule your USCIS appointments, but this will cause delays.

If you can avoid travel during the whole process, you'll save yourself the worry.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.