Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My K1 timeline (4 months/NO expedites): http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=0&id=163489

My AOS timeline (10 months):

08/16/2014 - Sent in AOS package

08/18/2014 - Delivered per USPS website

08/22/2014 - Text of receipt numbers received

08/27/2014 - NOA hard copies received (dated 08/19 and 08/21)

08/29/2014 - Notice date of Biometrics letter

09/11/2014 - Received Biometrics appointment letter

09/18/2014 - Biometrics completed at USCIS Raleigh, North Carolina

11/08/2014 - EAD / Travel Document approved and went to card production

11/19/2014 - Received EAD/AP combo card (dated 11/14/2014)

12/16/2014 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter dated 12/11/14

06/24/2015 - AOS approved! Card picked up by USPS KY for delivery

06/26/2015 - Received green card by mail (Yay I can rest for 2 years!)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you. That is very good.

The confusion was that it was too simple. Just add the child's name in with the mother's petition. Who would've thought it with a government document.

A follow on, in order to complicate an otherwise un-complicated matter.

My name is listed on the child's birth certificate as the father, and he is named after me (both my first and last, which make up middle and family name) as is custom in Ethiopia. I accepted this, along with the responsibility, as I wanted him to be viewed with respect in his family, etc.

I am not his father, who is not to be found 5 years later.

Any advice on how to proceed with documentation, and what I can expect along this Visa journey?

thank you...



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 FAM 41.81 N5.3 K-4 Child of K-1 or K-3 (TL:VISA-756; 07-27-2005)

The unmarried child of a K-1 or K-3 applicant does not require a petition. The applicant needs only to demonstrate that he or she is the “child” (as defined in INA 101(b)(1)) of an alien classified K-1 or K-3. K-2 or K-4 applicants are required to sign a form apprising them that entering into a marriage prior to obtaining adjustment of status will render them ineligible for adjustment as IR-2 or CR-2 immigrant visa (IV) applicants.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.