Gazza7332

Preperation for interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I received a letter from the London Embassy with a copy of my approved i129f form thats it, am I supposed to receive some kind of pack, I am worried as my case expires on the 26th of june and I am very confused on what to do even though I've read through the links Can anyone help. I am going to book my medical next week so get that out the way and am waiting on paperwork from fiance. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The letter with the copy approved petition is your "Packet 3".

If you haven't already done so, you need to schedule your medical. Once you have a date for the medical, and you have all your documents as per the embassy checklist on the website, you complete the DS160, submit it, and submit the readiness form. Then you wait for them to assign an interview, which they will only do once they have received your readiness form and your medical results. They will send you a letter confirming your appointment date and time.

This is often referred to as "Packet 4" and will give you clear instructions as to how to confirm your appointment and pay your visa fee.

Do not submit the readiness form until you have your Police certificate and anything else you need for the interview by way of documents or anything from your fiance. The readiness form is the way you let them know you have everything you need and you're good to go.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Hi I received a letter from the London Embassy with a copy of my approved i129f form thats it, am I supposed to receive some kind of pack, I am worried as my case expires on the 26th of june and I am very confused on what to do even though I've read through the links Can anyone help. I am going to book my medical next week so get that out the way and am waiting on paperwork from fiance. Thanks

The letter has a link to your London instructions. Did you look at it? I don't know how you could be confused since it say Step One, Step Two, .....exactly what to do. There are links to the forms, documents to bring to the interview, medical info, etc. Look at it on a computer, not your phone http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/fiance_instructions.html

Your letter also tells you if your petition expires before your interview date, which it likely will, then bring a new letter of intent signed by the USC. Get that when your fiancé sends your I-134 Affidavit of Support and proof of income, so you have one. That is all you need from your fiancé.

And read this post as an important tip http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541811-another-warning-k1s-get-your-shots/

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.