nathanp

quiting my job affect my wife's visa?

6 posts in this topic

long story short.i worked for walmart and finally walked out (not the only one walking out in the past week) my dad is a joint sponsor and meets the minimum requirements.will me leaving my job affect my wife visa or am i still able to go on with it and not fear or stress it will be denied simply because i left work.my dad is working on getting me where he is at but it could take some time and i want to continue the visa process (* now at the NVC and already paid first fee.waiting for IV fee) id hate to delay the visa petition knowing its possible me being unemployed temporarily wont affect the visa but want to find out for sure from those who gone through something like this or know for a fact.thanks to all that reply :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did you already send your documents ? You said your dad only would meet the requirements correct ? Just make sure you do up a new affidavit to give your wife that your unemployed for her to take to the interview if your still unemployed at the time that is, that should be all you really need to do .

Did you already send your documents ? You said your dad only would meet the requirements correct ? Just make sure you do up a new affidavit to give your wife that your unemployed for her to take to the interview if your still unemployed at the time that is, that should be all you really need to do .

i have not sent any documents yet.im waiting for her to get her passport so i can get a copy of bio data page for the package.also doing research on how to fill out the form rather to leave parts blank or put N/A for anything i cant fill in.but not rushing it.just concerned rather or not me walking out on my job affects her visa or not. he makes over 30K a year..there is him,my step mom, my wife and I.

Timeline

Ok your story is just like mine I'm overseas with my husband so I'm not employed but I was back in 2014 so I was able to give them just my recent year and wrote a letter saying why I didn't file for 2013,2012 (I was a student) you'll check a box on your I-864 saying unemployed and put the date on there since you have been unemployed you'll see it when your filling it out . for current annual income if you remain unemployed when you are ready to send documents in you'll see a question that asks for current annual income put that as 0.00 not n/a and you will be fine as you said your dad will be able to handle the requirements without you working .

Ok your story is just like mine I'm overseas with my husband so I'm not employed but I was back in 2014 so I was able to give them just my recent year and wrote a letter saying why I didn't file for 2013,2012 (I was a student) you'll check a box on your I-864 saying unemployed and put the date on there since you have been unemployed you'll see it when your filling it out . for current annual income if you remain unemployed when you are ready to send documents in you'll see a question that asks for current annual income put that as 0.00 not n/a and you will be fine as you said your dad will be able to handle the requirements without you working .

ok great.so i dont have to worry too much.ive been applying for other jobs and fixing up my resume.im expecting my managers to continue to contact me to ask for me to go back as they already did this morning.so its possible i could stay there.my wife still has not gone for her passport yet so im sure i got a month or so until i can get the bio data page and should have a new job by then but want to make sure just in case things dont go the way i expect it to go.thank you :)

Timeline

If you get a job before then just have a letter of employment and have them state what your expect yearly salary is for the new job and supporting documents and such either way you go it will be fine good luck .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.