michy9

Made appointment for K1 visa but have not received Packet 3 from Bogota Embassy yet!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So, after confirming that Bogota Embassy had my case, I went ahead and filed DS-160, paid Visa fee and set up ASC appt and Interview. I inquired to the Embassy why we have not received the packet 3/4 and they replied :

Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that we have not received all the documentation related to your case form the NVC. As soon as we receive additional information, we will contact you with the instructions on how to proceed with your case.

​ I phoned later and was told that the Embassy has received it, but had not finished assembling the paperwork and "they" have not received a tracking number needed for package and the ASC appointment. She had no idea how long it would take, but the CEAC webite said Embassy received it ( status update ) 8 days ago. Funny after my email inquiry, the status date changed to today.

I made the appointments and air reservations, and hotel, from the advice I read here and am scared to not receive the package before our appointments begin in 9 days! Does anyone know what this extra "tracking number" and how long Bogota will take after reciveung case to sending packet 3/4?

Thanks so much for your help

So, received the email from the Embassy yesterday, the 8th!. Don't know if it was the pleading email I sent to them or not! Anyways, it would have been better to wait as I was supposed to. The time of receipt of our case at the Bogota Embassy and the email instructions was 8 days, FYI. I have attached the newly dated package instructions we received if it helps anyone. Good Luck to All!

Espanol_K Paquete May 2014.pdf

• 3 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey, im on the same train as you, I check on the NVC Tracker and it says "ready". I have emailed them and they said, "Thank you for contacting the Immigrant Visa Unit. Your case is not yet in Bogota, please contact the National Visa Center, you will find contact information at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html"  I have already sceduled for interview and medicals and they both require me to bring the email they send out with instructions. 

Car-Sticker-Life-is-Beautiful-LA-VITA-E-BELLA-Words-Letter-Reflective-Window-Trunk-Decal-Automobiles.jpg_640x640.jpg.8f4c36b5d703f6bada033aa859ebb050.jpg

Morning. Its been awhile since this happened. But, if I remember correctly, it seems like it cleared up and just appeared in a few days. I was worried, too, but maybe its just the tracking system isnt synced up exactly with that other system. We had no problems, though. Our experience there was wonderful! Hope this helps and good luck!

• 9 months later...

Hello,

So I recieved a call from someone at the embassy in Bogota on May 31st confirming that they received our case from NVC and would be sending our Interview packet to my fiances email once it was finished processing. Its been 3 weeks since the call and we have yet to receive anything. The call was becuase they needed an email address for my fiance to be able to send the packet which i gave but my concern is that possibly it was not noted correctly or something.... Does anyone know how long it typically takes to recieve the packet? or possibly who I can call at the embassy to make sure they have to correct email address for my fiance? I dont want to be wasting time but I dont know how to proceed without the packet. Are there any steps I can be taking without the packet so as not to delay our case further? 

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance 

Hilary 

• 5 months later...
On 6/23/2019 at 8:45 AM, hilarygrace9 said:

Hello,

So I recieved a call from someone at the embassy in Bogota on May 31st confirming that they received our case from NVC and would be sending our Interview packet to my fiances email once it was finished processing. Its been 3 weeks since the call and we have yet to receive anything. The call was becuase they needed an email address for my fiance to be able to send the packet which i gave but my concern is that possibly it was not noted correctly or something.... Does anyone know how long it typically takes to recieve the packet? or possibly who I can call at the embassy to make sure they have to correct email address for my fiance? I dont want to be wasting time but I dont know how to proceed without the packet. Are there any steps I can be taking without the packet so as not to delay our case further? 

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance 

Hilary 

Did you ever receive the instructions? We are experiencing the same thing. It's been about 1.5 months since they called for her e-mail but we haven't received instructions. I'm not getting a response to my e-mail inquiries from the embassy.

10 hours ago, viajerofrecuente said:

Did you ever receive the instructions? We are experiencing the same thing. It's been about 1.5 months since they called for her e-mail but we haven't received instructions. I'm not getting a response to my e-mail inquiries from the embassy.

So we received the email with all further instructions about a month after the phone call. During that time I also tried to email and contact the embassy but the emails they sent back had little/no information and basically just said to wait. I know it’s hard but I would say be patient, I think they have a lot of extra work since they are acting as the Venezuelan consulate as well. Once we received the email it was very fast. We scheduled our interview for the nearest available date (about two weeks) and had our visa in his passport and ready to go the week after the interview. 

Good luck with everything! I hope you hear from them soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.