Janelle2002

Confederate Flag Prom Photo With Gun-Toting High Schoolers Backfires

421 posts in this topic

If you type it, it is a wink. If I type it, it is a smirk? Hardly seems fair, does it?

Maybe you need to find a different place to shop if you feel you are being treated unfairly, or looked down upon based on your race. Where I shop, all of us (various races) mingle and smile and say hi all the time with no issues.

Then again, if a clerk DID ask me if I was using an EBT card, I would not get upset. But maybe that's just me...

It can be I am treated unfairly due to racism or pure stupidity with people not knowing every black person isn't on food stamps.

Why should I have to change where I shop? Why can't people just get an attitude adjustment and let go of ignorance?

It can be I am treated unfairly due to racism or pure stupidity with people not knowing every black person isn't on food stamps.

Why should I have to change where I shop? Why can't people just get an attitude adjustment and let go of ignorance?

It's easier to make you adapt to racism, rather than change the system. This is why we can't buy nice cars if we make good money. Better to keep it simple than force someone to see you as an individual. Or why we should wear suits and ties at all times, even when running to the store.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

you have to change where you shop, i can only give dave daisies (he doesn't like roses (F) )..he's very demanding.

It's easier to make you adapt to racism, rather than change the system. This is why we can't buy nice cars if we make good money. Better to keep it simple than force someone to see you as an individual. Or why we should wear suits and ties at all times, even when running to the store.

I want this dude to answer my question. I know you have common sense and book knowledge.

But you make awesome points. People want you to adapt to the way things are so they don't have to change, thus perpetuating the cycle. I don't want my descendants to deal with this mess.

you have to change where you shop, i can only give dave daisies (he doesn't like roses (F) )..he's very demanding.

Awww man, it's a must? I need to go to the store today. It makes no sense for me to drive all the way down the street past a perfectly good grocery store to go to Walmart.

Asking if you will be paying with an EBT card or debit card is not racism. But nice try. And I doubt that there are very many folks in this world who think all black people are on food stamps.

What's wrong with welfare? I have used it, and wasn't ashamed. It was a benefit provided to me by the government, and I qualified... only a fool would pass it up, IMHO.

As to changing where you shop... either change, or put up with being asked the same questions that seem to bug you over and over; it's up to you. At the end of the day, YOU are the one being bugged, not the asker. Regardless of their motivation for the question, it is not bothering them to ask, only you. Me? I don't continue to shop places where the employees annoy me. Except for Lowe's, but that's only cuz Home Depot is 30 miles farther away. But the local Lowe's employees are not very bright, nor are they very helpful. Except one older black gentleman, he is sweet as can be, and I enjoy just talking to him about stuff not even related to my projects.

Can't buy cars if we make good money. Total bs.

I want this dude to answer my question. I know you have common sense and book knowledge.

But you make awesome points. People want you to adapt to the way things are so they don't have to change, thus perpetuating the cycle. I don't want my descendants to deal with this mess.

Awww man, it's a must? I need to go to the store today. It makes no sense for me to drive all the way down the street past a perfectly good grocery store to go to Walmart.

If it's so perfect, then why are you so bothered by the questions there? I'd insert a wink here, but you would get madder at me.

Can't buy cars if we make good money. Total bs.

http://www.eonline.com/news/642686/isaiah-washington-tells-chris-rock-how-to-adapt-to-racial-profiling-then-defends-his-controversial-comments

"I sold my $90,000.00 Mercedes G500 and bought 3 Prius's, because I got tired of being pulled over by Police. #Adapt @chrisrock," Washington, 51, wrote.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Do you really believe this #######, or do you just post it to get LIB up in arms?

There are many nice cars on my street, owned by several families of the darkest brown possible, most of them more than I can afford. (But they MAY be Obama cars, I didn't ask)

And suit and tie to go to the store? :rolleyes::no: (If I were a poster with no typing skills, I would insert a facepalm jpeg here.)

Asking if you will be paying with an EBT card or debit card is not racism. But nice try. And I doubt that there are very many folks in this world who think all black people are on food stamps.

What's wrong with welfare? I have used it, and wasn't ashamed. It was a benefit provided to me by the government, and I qualified... only a fool would pass it up, IMHO.

As to changing where you shop... either change, or put up with being asked the same questions that seem to bug you over and over; it's up to you. At the end of the day, YOU are the one being bugged, not the asker. Regardless of their motivation for the question, it is not bothering them to ask, only you. Me? I don't continue to shop places where the employees annoy me. Except for Lowe's, but that's only cuz Home Depot is 30 miles farther away. But the local Lowe's employees are not very bright, nor are they very helpful. Except one older black gentleman, he is sweet as can be, and I enjoy just talking to him about stuff not even related to my projects.

I said OR stupidity. I didn't blame all of it on racism. But nice try.

Nothing is wrong with welfare....until you are a black person receiving it.

If it's so perfect, then why are you so bothered by the questions there? I'd insert a wink here, but you would get madder at me.

The groceries are perfectly fine, the people, not so much.

You're joking right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes_of_African_Americans#Welfare_queen

Studies show that the public dramatically overestimates the number of African Americans in poverty, with the cause of this attributed to media trends and its portrayal of poverty

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I said OR stupidity. I didn't blame all of it on racism. But nice try.

Nothing is wrong with welfare....until you are a black person receiving it.

Oh, but it's ok for ME to get looked down upon, just not YOU?

From the lighter side of the tracks... people who look down upon others who are receiving financial aid have probably never been in a situation where they needed nor were entitled to it. That tends to make them more judgmental and less understanding. But that is not racism, that is life.

The groceries are perfectly fine, the people, not so much.

Then change stores. Simple. Don't continue to deal with ignorant people and pay their salaries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought it was a BAME birthright.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”