Janelle2002

Confederate Flag Prom Photo With Gun-Toting High Schoolers Backfires

421 posts in this topic

No, I am a Puerto Rican woman. What does THAT have to do with anything?

Now to be fair, I shop at a grocery store where 90% or more of the clientele are black. I HAVE heard the clerks asking the women, "Debit, credit, or EBT?" as the swipe their cards. I can only assume that there are a larger proportion of black women who shop there using EBTs than at say Walmart, since they are asking. Perhaps it's just my WP, or maybe the fact that I have never swiped an EBT and the clerks know that, but I have never been asked. Nor would I be offended if I were to be asked. They are just doing their job, yanno?

Well I live in a town that is the majority white. Why is it assumed the black woman is on food stamps? I don't hear them ask the white women that in line.

Well I live in a town that is the majority white. Why is it assumed the black woman is on food stamps? I don't hear them ask the white women that in line.

well, the cashiers at dave's walmart know that he has never swiped an ebt card, so many they're just super intuitive. :goofy:

Which is odd seeing that the majority of food stamp recipients is, in fact, white.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

This is true. But when you hear of food stamps, you hear of black people.

well, the cashiers at dave's walmart know that he has never swiped an ebt card, so many they're just super intuitive. :goofy:

Hahahaha they are. I guess they never assume a white guy is on food stamps. :rofl::rofl:

Check yer wording, ye female troll. I never said that...

Maybe you just have that down-trodden look of an oppressed single mother who can't catch a break? ;)

Now to be fair, I shop at a grocery store where 90% or more of the clientele are black. I HAVE heard the clerks asking the women, "Debit, credit, or EBT?" as the swipe their cards. I can only assume that there are a larger proportion of black women who shop there using EBTs than at say Walmart, since they are asking. Perhaps it's just my WP, or maybe the fact that I have never swiped an EBT and the clerks know that, but I have never been asked. Nor would I be offended if I were to be asked. They are just doing their job, yanno?

Check yer wording, ye female troll. I never said that...

ahhhh, yessssss. currently basking in yer butthurt, oh so frustrated man tears are delish. (F)

Maybe you just have that down-trodden look of an oppressed single mother who can't catch a break? ;)

I've never swiped an EBT card. :o Shocking!

And to say I might have an oppressed single mother look who can't catch a break is just pure stupidity. The smirk at the end of your sentence makes it no less stupid.

So you're not actually black? :devil:

Ok, you caught me. I've been faking like I'm a black person all this time. The truth is, this is the only place I can feel black and get the real black experience. :crying:

This is true. But when you hear of food stamps, you hear of black people.

Hahahaha they are. I guess they never assume a white guy is on food stamps. :rofl::rofl:

So according to this blacks are twice as likely to be on food stamps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So according to this blacks are twice as likely to be on food stamps

That is what it says.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The clerks referred to were at the smaller grocery store, not the superstore.

ahhhh, yessssss. currently basking in yer butthurt, oh so frustrated man tears are delish. (F)

Bask in your deliriousness all you want, but I am not butthurt over your failure to understand what I wrote. And I don't like roses. Please use a daisy for me henceforth.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do Puerto Ricans benefit from WP, HP or both?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I've never swiped an EBT card. :o Shocking!

And to say I might have an oppressed single mother look who can't catch a break is just pure stupidity. The smirk at the end of your sentence makes it no less stupid.

If you type it, it is a wink. If I type it, it is a smirk? Hardly seems fair, does it?

Maybe you need to find a different place to shop if you feel you are being treated unfairly, or looked down upon based on your race. Where I shop, all of us (various races) mingle and smile and say hi all the time with no issues.

Then again, if a clerk DID ask me if I was using an EBT card, I would not get upset. But maybe that's just me...