racheal&david

Vax and Police certificates (split topic)

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just made an appointment with the nurse. She printed out a copy of my vaccinations, signed and stamped it. I also got a print out of my Hep B and varicella info which I had working with the NHS. I told them it was for immigration and had a list of everything I needed to check. No problems with that.

Also, I know this isn't strictly about shots but when did you guys get your UK police certificate? Cause the Knightsbridge info says it must be issued within 6 months but the embassy info says valid for 12 months. I'm at TSC so still most likely a few months to wait so I don't want to get it too soon and then have to order another.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Hey guys, I just made an appointment with the nurse. She printed out a copy of my vaccinations, signed and stamped it. I also got a print out of my Hep B and varicella info which I had working with the NHS. I told them it was for immigration and had a list of everything I needed to check. No problems with that.

Also, I know this isn't strictly about shots but when did you guys get your UK police certificate? Cause the Knightsbridge info says it must be issued within 6 months but the embassy info says valid for 12 months. I'm at TSC so still most likely a few months to wait so I don't want to get it too soon and then have to order another.

Check my signature and you'll see at what point I applied for my Police Certificate. It takes a couple of weeks to arrive (I did mine online, that option only came in this year), though bear in mind that if you have any past convictions/ cautions that show up as "no live trace" you need to apply for further details to bring to your medical, which could take time. How long I don't know for sure, as despite a youthful misdemeanour when I was 16 that involved me having to go to the Police Station with my parents and have my knuckles rapped, my certificate came back as "No Trace" so I am "clean" as far as the Police Certificate is concerned.

I applied for mine fairly early on as our petition was handled with by the CSC, and they seem to be much, much quicker at approving petitions compared with TSC. In my opinion it is absolutely criminal the processing time differences between the two service centres, so very unfair for those with petitions stuck in Texas.

If you believe that you have no criminal convictions/ cautions/ reprimands, maybe you could wait until you get the NOA2 before applying for your Police Certificate?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Check my signature and you'll see at what point I applied for my Police Certificate. It takes a couple of weeks to arrive (I did mine online, that option only came in this year), though bear in mind that if you have any past convictions/ cautions that show up as "no live trace" you need to apply for further details to bring to your medical, which could take time. How long I don't know for sure, as despite a youthful misdemeanour when I was 16 that involved me having to go to the Police Station with my parents and have my knuckles rapped, my certificate came back as "No Trace" so I am "clean" as far as the Police Certificate is concerned.

I applied for mine fairly early on as our petition was handled with by the CSC, and they seem to be much, much quicker at approving petitions compared with TSC. In my opinion it is absolutely criminal the processing time differences between the two service centres, so very unfair for those with petitions stuck in Texas.

If you believe that you have no criminal convictions/ cautions/ reprimands, maybe you could wait until you get the NOA2 before applying for your Police Certificate?

I had to get one 2 years ago for a previous visa application so I know I'm all clear. No convictions etc. But thanks. I think I'll wait a little while longer. Trying to be as prepared as I can be for the next stages. With TSC approving in a very illogical manner approval could happen anytime.

Thanks though :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post and replies split form the thread Get your shots. As it goes off topic from the original thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.