mischsobel

Received NOA2. wait time now for interview in Brazil?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Anyone know how long the process is now after receiving my NOA2 approval? In Brazil, how long does it usually take to get the interview date/ visa?

Hi, it's hard to say, each case is different. Some people get their interview date just with few days or weeks after their case left NVC, mine took long 35 days to Rio Consulate email us with an interview date and I don't know why. I would say on a good scenario it would take 1-2 weeks and on a bad one it would be like mine 35. You should try check brazil timelines for K1 so you can have a better idea.

Good luck!

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Timeline

From what I've been gathering while researching here, about 30 days to get the interview date and at least another 30 days to the actual interview.

Please keep us posted about your process dates :)

Good luck!

Yes, it was exactly this in my process - 30 days to the interview since my confirmation letter

Timeline

Hi... I did my interview almost 3 months after NOA2.

Where do you live in Brazil?

My boyfriend lives in Sao Paulo. He will be doing his interview at the US Consulate in Rio De Janeiro.

I got my NOA2 on 16 Apr and am still waitting to hear that it is in NVC. I know that another couple here Kimberly and Luiz got their NOA2 3 Apr and just posted that their interview will be 2 Jun. I would expect that you and I will have similar experiences as her and probably have interview date later in Jun. I hope we hear soon. I got notice on mobile on 29 Apr that the USCIS had sent my file to NVC. I have been calling since then to NVC to follow its status. It is my understanding the only available way to check status for a K-1 visa. NVC tells me that it can take up to 35 days to get to them from USCIS. The number I am calling is 603-334-0700. You must use the option to speak to an operator. Hope this helps.

Edited by CarsonB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.