Craigmcd24

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Scotland
Timeline

I have been waiting since March 31st to receive word back about i-485 and I-130 since I have not

even received the receipts for those yet. The only thing I got was 3 emails with my receipts numbers and one hard copy mailed to me for I-765.

Today I received an update about my case which is below.

On May 4, 2015, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I live in Kotzebue Alaska which is a small village, we don't get our mail delivered to us so through the postman and everything is sent to our PO Box. For some reason the letter USCIS sent me about my I-485 was undelivered and sent back to USCIS. I'm not sure why because the address on it is correct and I have received 1 NOA for I-765 already. Anyway I called USCIS and they couldn't tell me why it was undelivered and said they would request the service center to resend the mail.

My problem is they said it would take an extra 15 - 30 days and if I don't received anything after the 30 days to give them a call back. What if the post office screw up again? Do I just keep waiting? Our post office is unreliable at times and I am worried that this will have a major impact on my case.

Has anyone got any advice for me? USCIS wasn't so helpful.

I have been waiting since March 31st to receive word back about i-485 and I-130 since I have not

even received the receipts for those yet. The only thing I got was 3 emails with my receipts numbers and one hard copy mailed to me for I-765.

Today I received an update about my case which is below.

On May 4, 2015, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I live in Kotzebue Alaska which is a small village, we don't get our mail delivered to us so through the postman and everything is sent to our PO Box. For some reason the letter USCIS sent me about my I-485 was undelivered and sent back to USCIS. I'm not sure why because the address on it is correct and I have received 1 NOA for I-765 already. Anyway I called USCIS and they couldn't tell me why it was undelivered and said they would request the service center to resend the mail.

My problem is they said it would take an extra 15 - 30 days and if I don't received anything after the 30 days to give them a call back. What if the post office screw up again? Do I just keep waiting? Our post office is unreliable at times and I am worried that this will have a major impact on my case.

Has anyone got any advice for me? USCIS wasn't so helpful.

Did you ask for a change of address to receive mail at the PO Box only? If the hey send to the physical address again, it will go back again.

See change of address for pending cases http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Did you ask for a change of address to receive mail at the PO Box only? If the hey send to the physical address again, it will go back again.

See change of address for pending cases http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Thanks so much I went ahead and changed the address to our PO Box.

Thanks so much I went ahead and changed the address to our PO Box.

You might want to follow up with a human to see if it got changed. Some forms clearly have physical address and mailing address. Maybe not so on the I-130. You might have to explain your unique situation. The receipts notices are not so important, but you do want to receive the EAD card and green card.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You might want to follow up with a human to see if it got changed. Some forms clearly have physical address and mailing address. Maybe not so on the I-130. You might have to explain your unique situation. The receipts notices are not so important, but you do want to receive the EAD card and green card.

I called about 4 times earlier today and customer service kept telling me they couldn't give me any more information apart from filling in the change of address form online. I even got transferred to a tier 2 customer service rep and that did me no good, he seemed to be rushed and gave me the same info as the other reps.

I will try call again tomorrow and see if I can get someone to help because the I-130 asks for addresses in at least 3 different sections and I'd hate to get RFE for just having the wrong address on there.

Man this stuff is so stressful can't wait for it to be over lol

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Comoros
Timeline

Happened to me today. 

I'm filed I130-I-484 & I-765  In July 6 2017, for My husband. on July 13 I received receipt notice for the form I-130  i didn't receive receipt notice for I-485 & I-765  and I celled the costume service they give the receipt numbers for both I-485 & I-765 but today morning I check My my husband case states said The post office the return the receipt notice for both then back usisc and 🙄 I call them again this morning and They told me my zip code was wrong first I thought was really wrong but I went back and look it my application the zip was right. 2 hours later the case to 
Document was sent to me 🤔 

What does even mean ?

Your Case Status: Initial Review

Document was sent to me

On August 1, 2017, we mailed your document for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx, directly to the address you gave us. 

If you do not receive your document by August 31, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request the document be sent to you. 

If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I need your help any experience help tha

Edited just now by Sakinat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.