4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Every one,

I am new to this forum but i can see it is very useful and answers most of the questions by just thoroughly reading the web page.

I have sponsored my spouse for I-130 petition and it is now at NVC awaiting for NVC number. I have a question regarding AOS, is it necessary to send 3 most recent tax transcript? I have job for last one year and i have tax transcript for only 2014 so can I send only one tax transcript or do i need joint sponsor in this case? And if joint sponsor is needed then he needs to fill I-864A form and I should fill I-864 form, is it correct? And is there anyway i can get I-864 form sample??

Earlier response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

You can send 1 year (2014) or 3 years (2014, 2013, 2012.) If you did not file taxes in 2013 or 2012 you need to write a letter explaining why you were not required to file, and also put in the I-864 that you were not required to file.

A joint sponsor would also supply an I-864 not an I-864a.

There are sample forms at the top of the page (please visit on a PC) under Example forms.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I appreciate quick response but i am still not clear. Let me explain my situation, i moved to USA in december, 2012 and i did not have job in 2013 so i did not file tax and in 2014 i filed tax, so now i only 1 year tax transcript and my question is WILL IT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR AOS OR DO I NEED JOINT SPONSORSHIP??

We cannot know. Most of the time as long as your CURRENT income is above the poverty guidelines, then you are fine. People have been fine without any tax returns.

However, sometimes, mostly with certain Caribbean countries, they like to see all 3 years above the guidelines.

But you werent working so this is impossible for you to show. Most likely you will be okay but no one can say absolutely yes or no except the consular officer doing the interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.